205 Ribston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
librarian

205 Ribston

Post by librarian »

Hi interested to know if a child score 205 has been offered a place at this school the last 3/4 years
tks
stroudydad

Re: 205 Ribston

Post by stroudydad »

Not that I have ever seen posted on here... And honestly I doubt it as ribston have definately started years recently under PAN. (Implying they do stick to their admission code) Your best bet would be to contact the school
capers123

Post by capers123 »

No child with a score under the 'pass' mark will have been offered a place by the school; they are only allowed to offer places to those with a score equal or above the pass mark (210?).

Some parents will make an appeal after Allocation Day in March. The Independent Appeals Panel can order the school to take a child whatever their score - they look at any evidence you (and the school) care to present to them, but will take most notice of high SAT's, high CATs and any other evidence of high academic ability. Look at the FAQ's at the top of the Appeals forum for more details.

As I understand it, Ribston were very undersubscribed a few years ago, so had unfilled places, some of which were filled upon appeal. Last year they were ;full' and very few appeals were sucessful. This year - who knows?
Capers
Worriedalot

Post by Worriedalot »

My DD has scored 213 for Ribston, does anyone on this forum know what score was the cut off point last year? Is she likely to be offered a place ?
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Worriedalot wrote:My DD has scored 213 for Ribston, does anyone on this forum know what score was the cut off point last year? Is she likely to be offered a place ?
Last year my daughter scored 214 and her friend 213; both are now happily at Ribston (great school). By all means phone the school (we did) for a chat. My guess is that she will obtain a place based on previous years.
ant2408

Post by ant2408 »

My DD scored 210 for Ribston and I emailed the school directly to ask what was the likely hood of her being offered a place. They advised me that I could be quietly confident that she'd done enough to gain a place so, if this is so, then your DD should be fine with 213.