Can anyone comment on the sports programmes ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Browser

Can anyone comment on the sports programmes ?

Post by Browser »

Can current parents at any of the Slough schools comment on their sports programmes.

My ds was looking forward to trying new things like rugby or hockey.

I know the South London schools seem to have great programmes , but haven't found anything exciting in any of the Slough schools yet.

Langley barely mentions pe on their website.
Herschel offers abit more information , but no mention of rugby.
Slough G seems to offer the most information and has rugby..

Langley was my preference, but what does it say about the school if they don't show any interest in sports which personally I think is important for boys. Is Langley all about results only?Sloughs looking quite inviting , but a freind who did get to the open day mentioned that a member of staff commented on there have been problems between the kids because the community is soo diverse?
Did anyone else hear that?

Can anyone clarify please.
Ds is no sports jock but am just looking for something that will spark some interest. He takes no interest in football at his primary and has stated that he really wants to play rugby.. maybe hes just pfaffing. lol
harrow123

Re: Can anyone comment on the sports programmes ?

Post by harrow123 »

Browser wrote:Can current parents at any of the Slough schools comment on their sports programmes.

My ds was looking forward to trying new things like rugby or hockey.

I know the South London schools seem to have great programmes , but haven't found anything exciting in any of the Slough schools yet.

Langley barely mentions pe on their website.
Herschel offers abit more information , but no mention of rugby.
Slough G seems to offer the most information and has rugby..

Langley was my preference, but what does it say about the school if they don't show any interest in sports which personally I think is important for boys. Is Langley all about results only?Sloughs looking quite inviting , but a freind who did get to the open day mentioned that a member of staff commented on there have been problems between the kids because the community is soo diverse?
Did anyone else hear that?

Can anyone clarify please.
Ds is no sports jock but am just looking for something that will spark some interest. He takes no interest in football at his primary and has stated that he really wants to play rugby.. maybe hes just pfaffing. lol
U r right most of the slough grammar schools don't offer sports as you would expect. Langley grammar better than slough grammar for sure. There is slough hockey/rugby club in upton court park, send ur ds to there if u want to introduce sports to ur ds
mazy

Post by mazy »

Hello Harrow123,

You have asked the exact question I wanted to ask. I see you posted this two years ago so I suppose you are in a good position to answer this question now.

Do they do rugby at Langley? We were made an offer for Langley yesterday - but my dd wants to go to Upton Court because of the rugby! I need to convince him to go to Langley!

Would be really grateful if you could reply,

best regards,

Mazy
mazy

Post by mazy »

Sorry did I say dd?! I meant ds :oops:
mazy

Post by mazy »

Oh dear I am not awake today....

I meant to reply to Browser... :oops: :oops: :oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now