Stretford or Ambrose

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stretfordian

Stretford or Ambrose

Post by Stretfordian »

Hi
We live in Stretford and our son has passed for Stretford as well at UGS and Sale we are also waiting on the results for ST Ambrose.

I know pupils at both Stretford and Ambrose who seem happy ,but whats are the merits/pros and cons of both schools ?
Stretford is on our doorstep but I get the impresion there isnt much going on outside of lessons in the way of sports teams/clubs
Ambrose Catholic which is a plus but all boys puts me off it,

Any advice would be welcomed
Pumpkin Pie

Re: Stretford or Ambrose

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Hi, I don't know Stretford so I can't comment on the school. However, I do have a son at St. Ambrose and he loves it there. He is in his second year and has just moved into the new school which is amazing! Even boasts a swimming pool, Apple Macs everywhere, which can be used at any time, lecture theatre (which becomes a cinema during film club - 50p to watch new release), fully temperature controlled building, chilled water fountains everywhere, and my son has just reminded me to say that the teaching is excellent, which I have to agree with. The other great thing about the school is that the students start the first half hour of the day in their house groups (Augustine, Aquinas, Ignatious and Newman), thereafter they join their class (who they spend the rest of the day with in lessons). This encourages the pupils to mix within the year group which is a great idea. I asked my son 'who is your best friend?' and he said he was friends with everyone! They are strict on discipline and uniform, which is a good thing. I think it is a fab school and am very proud that my son attends there! Headmaster is wonderful too..... and the rest of the staff! He had a fabulous trip to France last summer too!
parthiban

Re: Stretford or Ambrose

Post by parthiban »

Hi, thx pumpkin pie. your post has helped me confirm my choices and preferences.I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive result with st.A. :wink: