Kendrick girls vs Tiffin girls, which one is 1st,2nd choice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
harrow123

Kendrick girls vs Tiffin girls, which one is 1st,2nd choice

Post by harrow123 »

DD qualified tiffin stage 1 test

Also qualified Kendrick girls (117.5 score) but we are not in catchment for kendrick just 3 miles away, but we may move before deadline if required

Now confusion is whether Kendrick should be our first choice or Tiffin girls, I need to decide so that I can submit her CAF.

Kendrick girls vs Tiffin girls

Commuting:

Kendrick: Either we get the place as ooc or as a catchment girl (if we move before deadline) , in any case commuting is easy from langley or from new house
Tiffin: From Langley , one car,2 trains and 1 bus is the commuting mode

Uni destinations:

Kendrick / tiffin : Pupil goto Oxbridge/Russell from both schools

extra activities:

I can not see a major difference that could affect choice of preference

Community:

Mixed in both schools, not an issue

so in my view, I should put Kendrick as first choice and tiffin as second chose , then langley grammar as 3rd choice

Please share your opinions about Kendrick vs Tiffin girls or you can share what is 'pro and cons' of these schools, which may help me to come to an conclusion
Reading Mum

Re: Kendrick girls vs Tiffin girls, which one is 1st,2nd cho

Post by Reading Mum »

personally I'd go Kendrick as I could not see my DD coping with that sort of commute on a daily basis but then she hasn't yet even taken a bus to town on her own so maybe that is just us.

Not a bad pair to have to choose between
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

What a wonderful position to be in.

I think all your options are great. Choice will depend on your personal circumstances.

If you are planning to relocate, then consider Tiffin Girls.
I read that children do commute on train to Reading. If it is feasible for your DD, then consider Kendrik.

Otherwise, reading from your earlier posts, your DD has also scored very high in Slough. Langley Grammar would be a good choice as well.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

tiffinboys wrote:What a wonderful position to be in.

I think all your options are great. Choice will depend on your personal circumstances.

If you are planning to relocate, then consider Tiffin Girls.
I read that children do commute on train to Reading. If it is feasible for your DD, then consider Kendrik.

Otherwise, reading from your earlier posts, your DD has also scored very high in Slough. Langley Grammar would be a good choice as well.
Thanks, we decided to put langley as 3rd choice so no confusion in that
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

In that case, Tiffin is open selective... You don't need to relocate until you know the outcome. Commute from Slough would be horrible, even to think of.

For Kendrik, you will need to be in the catchment area before the date fixed by LA (is it 31 Jan?).
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
exerji

Post by exerji »

Hi Harrow123,

Very happy for your DD. Personally, my preference would be Kendrick, followed by Tiffin. A couple of reasons:

(1) I am not sure where you/your spouse work now and if those are jobs involve frequent travel ; relocating to South is always a pain with M3 and M25 as the main ways to get out of the place - with gruelling traffic. For those used to the comforts of M40, M4 and M25 accesses in short spans, to get out of Kingston or Sutton out to rest of the country could perhaps seem like coming out of a lift after being trapped for a while :-) Well, I am sure those in south will pounce on me. No disrespect folks :) If, on the other hand, your jobs are commutable by train connections and on a predictable basis, relocation to south would seem a pleasant thing to look forward to !

(2) Kendrick seems to mix best of many things including a good mix of students, although I am a bit concerned if they'll miss out on top performing talent due to catchment policy and how it may or may not affect competitiveness. We'll know that only after 6-7 years. Tiffin, on the other hand, seems to be rigorously focused on getting the best 150 girls wherever they come from, to take on HBS or indies.

Personally, Kendrick was to be our second choice for our DD . She has scored well too. We were happy to relocate there for next academic year but can't go mid way this year due to personal constraints.
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

exerji wrote:Hi Harrow123,

Very happy for your DD. Personally, my preference would be Kendrick, followed by Tiffin. A couple of reasons:

(1) I am not sure where you/your spouse work now and if those are jobs involve frequent travel ; relocating to South is always a pain with M3 and M25 as the main ways to get out of the place - with gruelling traffic. For those used to the comforts of M40, M4 and M25 accesses in short spans, to get out of Kingston or Sutton out to rest of the country could perhaps seem like coming out of a lift after being trapped for a while :-) Well, I am sure those in south will pounce on me. No disrespect folks :) If, on the other hand, your jobs are commutable by train connections and on a predictable basis, relocation to south would seem a pleasant thing to look forward to !

(2) Kendrick seems to mix best of many things including a good mix of students, although I am a bit concerned if they'll miss out on top performing talent due to catchment policy and how it may or may not affect competitiveness. We'll know that only after 6-7 years. Tiffin, on the other hand, seems to be rigorously focused on getting the best 150 girls wherever they come from, to take on HBS or indies.

Personally, Kendrick was to be our second choice for our DD . She has scored well too. We were happy to relocate there for next academic year but can't go mid way this year due to personal constraints.
Thanks, I have put kendrick, tiffin girls and 3rd as langley grammar
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now