Is anyone not attempting Sutton round 2?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mommyg

Is anyone not attempting Sutton round 2?

Post by mommyg »

Just curious, that's all.. I think most children will attempt
DS is finding it difficult to pull himself up and prepare (yet) again ! More than DS, I am :)
Browser

Re: Is anyone not attempting Sutton round 2?

Post by Browser »

We are going to give it a go, namely because ds wants to. We didnt get either Wilsons or Wallington.

I believe someone said that if you didn't pass, Wilson or Wallington then it's unlikely you would pass the Sutton second stage.

We will see, maybe there is some truth in that.

My ds is a summer born child, and even though the scores are standadised, I think that the schools testing for english and maths are unfair to these children. Autumn babies have an advantage in maturity and developing the appropriate language skills to be able to tackle the english paper appropriately.

If ds was born just a couple of weeks later then I know by next September he would have aced the paper.

Am I sorry that he missed out this year?

Yes I am! Wilsons was my favourite, and we would have considered moving closer. But I believe in no regrets, and thankfully we are in an ok situation.

November 17, here we come!
Explorer

Post by Explorer »

As my son got short listed in Wilson, Tiffin and Bournemouth , we are not going to attend the Sutton Stage 2 test.
calculus12

Post by calculus12 »

My DS will be writing Sutton round2. He passed Wallington. He is finding it difficult to keep the momentum.
mommyg

Post by mommyg »

Thanks.. so there are boys who will give it a miss. I believe anyone with very good score in Tiffins knows for sure that they will get in there.
Browser - I understand you completely. Mine is Aug born too. Initially I used to notice the gap quite a lot esp as he was a quiet & shy type too, but now he has come out of his shell so much. I can see the confidence building and I'm sure things are going to get better. Dont worry at all.
calculus12

Post by calculus12 »

I am assuming about 100 odd will probably drop off. Mostly the boys scored very high marks in QE Boys and Tiffin Boys. Slough consortium result is also out and some may prefer Langley Grammar purely from commuting point of view. 20 odd probably wrote the test as mock test and belong to far away places like Kent , Reading etc.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Many who scored well on Tiffin, may still sit for the ranking test as Tiffin has arranged for Late Test and the expected cut-off scores at Tiffin may go up. Better be safe.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
FelthamMum

Post by FelthamMum »

My son scored 276 for tiffin .. therefore will not go for sutton 2nd round
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Makes sense too, if your user name has any thing to do with where you live. Sutton Grammar is very far away.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
FelthamMum

Post by FelthamMum »

yes I live in feltham
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now