Opportunities for girls and boys to mix at KECH

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amarstone

Opportunities for girls and boys to mix at KECH

Post by Amarstone »

Hello there,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there are opportunities for pupils attending the Camp Hill school to mix with each other as the schools are so close together?
MSD

Re: Opportunities for girls and boys to mix at KECH

Post by MSD »

Amarstone,

We asked the same question at CH open evening and didn't get a clear answer. The boy who showed us around gave the impression that they were fairly limited.

We are all for co-education and believe FW is a big thumbs up in that regard.

MSD
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

we are all for single sex and there is very very little mixing of the 2 sexes except the walk in and out of the school every day and of course the transport there and back.
There is mixing during music band practice as well.
KenR

Post by KenR »

there is very very little mixing of the 2 sexes except the walk in and out of the school every day and of course the transport there and back

Bit surprised - that certainly not the case at KES and KEHS independent - lots of mixing at "Winterbourne" in no man's land! .. and of course with music, drama and a common 6th form for some subjects
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

KenR wrote:- lots of mixing at "Winterbourne" in no man's land! ..

:lol: :lol: the boundaries of the 2 schools used to "overlap" on Winterbourne... :oops:
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

I also asked our student guide at CHB and he said no (and looked scared at the prospect!).
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

The opportunities are basically music, drama and the bus stop as far as I understand it. Basically the same as the official position at KES/KEHS I think (I seem to recall our daughter telling me Winterbourne is supposed to be out of bounds, presumably the more enterprising at CH can find their own opportunities as well).
Amarstone

Post by Amarstone »

Thanks for your responses. I feel reassured that at least there will be some intermingling at the bus-stop!
GuidingStar

Post by GuidingStar »

I used to attend Birmingham Uni adjacent to KES & KEHS, in fact used to see their playing fields from the windows of my lecture rooms all the time. There are a lot of informal intermingling and many of them used to wander around the uni area in pairs romantically. Both genders seem to be very happy and at ease with each other. I blv this is very good and emotionally healthy for their personality development. KES & KEHS kids most of the time looked so happy and civil in he buses and around the area.
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

Thread is about KECH, please start a new thread if you want to deviate.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now