Kent score for Scotland

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GlasgowDad

Kent score for Scotland

Post by GlasgowDad »

Hi all,

I am a newbiee here. Presently staying in Glasgow(Scotland) and looking to relocate to Kent, with not much bias we have Tonbridge Grammar School for Girls in mind. KCC have given me a date of 5th Dec before which if I am in Tonbridge, they will accept my CAF.

DD has scored 423, wondering the likelyhood of her getting an admission. Appreciate any perspective coz this relocation is a huge thing for us, we have just brought a new house.
pheasantchick

Re: Kent score for Scotland

Post by pheasantchick »

423 is the maximum score that you can get, so you should be okay providing you meet any admissions criteria for the schools you want.
GlasgowDad

Post by GlasgowDad »

thx pheasantchick for the reply.

is there more to admission criteria apart from score and my daughter living in Kent? should my DD do any more prep?

daughter thinks this was like climbing mt. everest already :roll:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi Glasgowdad, try this link, there is an admissions page for TOGS and it will give you some more detailed information.

http://www.tgs.kent.sch.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As PC said 423 is the highest score that you can get in this year's Kent Test so well done to your DD.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

Wow - Congratulations to your daughter!

Can I ask a really dumb question? If she got the maximum score of 423, does tht mean she got every question on every paper right? Or have I missed something.

I'm pretty new to all this.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Wow - you got permission to submit your CAF late and it be treated the same as if it was on time? That's even better than scoring 423.

Have you seen the school? Is it better than one in Scotland?
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

No 423 equates to around 75% or maybe more or maybe less - we need the kent raw scores data to know exactly and age matters!I am not convinced you need to live in Kent - for OOC places you can live in scotalnd and still get a place and move at your leisure. And with a score of 423 you are almost certainly guaranteed a place. I think this is right. Please correct me if I am wrong.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I suppose the point is that you can't fill in CAFs for every county in the country. And maybe living in Scotland complicates applying to an English school. Let's say you live in Medway and were applying to a Kent school - you'd put the Kent school on the Medway caf. Maybe the OP needs to put TOGS on the Glasgow CAF and it isn't allowed, but he can fill in Kent CAF if living in Kent ....... I don't really know.
GlasgowDad

Post by GlasgowDad »

mystery wrote:Wow - you got permission to submit your CAF late and it be treated the same as if it was on time? That's even better than scoring 423.

Have you seen the school? Is it better than one in Scotland?

I have not visited school yet ... which I should have done :oops: , Scotland schools are nice but a lot different. For example only recently some of schools have started publishing results, we relied on shool inspector's report which in my opinion is subjective rather than objective.

Based on my research so far, at school levels England is doing better (I still love Scotland :) ).
GlasgowDad

Post by GlasgowDad »

late submission of CAF applies to everyone having a change of circumstance and itseems moving house is included.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now