11 Plus exam results and information from the schools!

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

miniwheels70

11 Plus exam results and information from the schools!

Post by miniwheels70 »

It's really frustrating that all the schools are interpreting the requirements to give parents an indication of their chances differently!

We sat our child for selective schools in Barnet, Enfield and Hertfordshire.

Latymer are giving an indication based on how they word your letter, but they are not sitting the final exams until after you have completed your CAFs.
Mill Hill gave the actual score and told you what last year's entry mark was (I think I remember that on the letter)
DAO actually tell you your score AND rank and where they offered to last year so you know their chances for sure.
QEB give you your score and, at today's talk, the head of admissions stated that he was legally not allowed to state whether a child had a guaranteed place, which meant he was also not allowed to imply it by giving a ranking.

I wish the government would give the schools clearer guidelines, instead of leaving it up to them to interpret how to meet them.

The most useful for us was the DAO method which told us what our child's rank was and where they offered to last year. It makes it very clear and unambiguous.