Kendrick exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jane1968

Kendrick exam

Post by jane1968 »

Hi everyone! I am new here. My daughter got a score for Kendrick of 110 and we live in DA but I shouldn't hope really, should I? Although I can't help thinking that noone really knows how the DA is going to work do they? Incidently, she is the only one on this forum who did better in the Kendrick exams than the Slough ones, I wonder why? She got 108 in Slough tests. In the letter on 1st March, do they give you the rank place of where she currently stands? Thanks for help!
BaileyLane

Re: Kendrick exam

Post by BaileyLane »

Hi Jane1968
Wish I could help you but I'm afraid I'm none the wiser. My DD is also in the twilight zone and her BFF scored 109 so we are both waiting to see what happens with the DA. There seemed to be a few parents posting yesterday who's clever DDs scored highly but who don't live in DA. It surprised me TBH, I had imagined more kids within the DA had sat, thinking they had a better chance now there is a catchment area but I guess I was wrong. (I also hadn't realised that you needed to score so much more than 109 in order to be 'realistically' considered for a place.)

I have been taking hope from earlier postings which said last year everyone who wanted a place at Kendrick got one, but this is my first time on the secondary school merry-go-round and I have no idea how much movement generally takes place. Talking to another mum yesterday about another school and another year, she said kids at number 40 on the waiting list got in (and it's a sought after school). But i have no idea if this is representative or an anomaly.

At least know you aren't the only one out there wondering the same thing! And if anyone's DD has passed well for Kendrick but won't be taking the place, please don't hesitate to post :D
Kiyasarin

Post by Kiyasarin »

Hi there fellow twilight zone parents :) I think it's a great suggestion that people whose clever DDs have scored comfortably highly for a Kendrick place but won't, for whatever reason, be taking it mention that in this thread if possible. It might not stop all the wondering about 'what if' scenarios and calculations that we probably all have going on, but might quieten our minds a little.
BaileyLane

Post by BaileyLane »

Only wrote that last comment very lightheartedly, but now no-one has posted I feel a bit anxious :shock:
Probably serves me right.

Think I might need to check into 11+ rehab this weekend!