Oakwood Park Catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jaymum

Oakwood Park Catchment

Post by jaymum »

Please, does anyone know how far out Oakwood Park selected from in 2011 and 2012? I have emailed them but no reply and I can't find the answer anywhere else!
hermanmunster

Re: Oakwood Park Catchment

Post by hermanmunster »

I think that there were spaces still in March 2012 for Oakwood park but gather that this was an unusual event - not sure about 2011.
DaisyDuck123

Post by DaisyDuck123 »

Hi, first post on this forum :D . My son and my nephew are both at Oakwood. My nephew lives in Snodland and the boys have friends from as far as Kings Hill,East Peckham and Borough Green.
I don't know the definitive answer to your question but I hope this helps.
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Hello
I think that OPGS took an extra class last year so not a usual year at all. They took additional children from Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and TWells so I think the catchment was slightly skewed. I would think it goes out about 14 miles to the West and South, not sure about the East though.
jaymum

Post by jaymum »

anotherworriedmum wrote:Hello
I think that OPGS took an extra class last year so not a usual year at all. They took additional children from Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and TWells so I think the catchment was slightly skewed. I would think it goes out about 14 miles to the West and South, not sure about the East though.
Thank you
Do you know if these additional children were from the first round of applications, or did they put on an extra class after appeals?
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

jaymum wrote:
anotherworriedmum wrote:Hello
Thank you
Do you know if these additional children were from the first round of applications, or did they put on an extra class after appeals?
If you look at this thread for last March, I think that Oakwood was offered to some from Sevenoaks straight away http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... it=oakwood" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jaymum

Post by jaymum »

Thank you all for your help. Still not sure what to do, but thank you anyway :?