Not Sharing Results ... is a No No in CAF form is it???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Grammar01

Not Sharing Results ... is a No No in CAF form is it???

Post by Grammar01 »

Hi All,

Not knowing completely about how the system works regarding sharing results i have not ticked all the four grammar schools, i've shared my DD's results with only Pates and Hsfg, she couldn't make it in Pates top 180 but got 215 for hsfg.
I'm proud of DD's success, but don't want her to bear the consequence of my act of not sharing results with Rhh and Shs
Can i still put RHH and SHS in the CAF school preferences?
Any help from the members is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
R.
hermanmunster

Re: Not Sharing Results ... is a No No in CAF form is it???

Post by hermanmunster »

Hello and Welcome

Might be worth having a read of this recent discussion about sharing http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... it=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

having at a quick look, the consensus is that if you don't share then you are saying you aren't interested in the school - having said that there was some later discussion about "late sharing " - will try to find that too
capers123

Post by capers123 »

You can still put a school that you haven't shared with on the top of your CAF - that way, you'll officially be told you can't have a place come March so will allow you to appeal against non-allocation.

Do contact the schools as well, as it might be possible to factor your daughter in at 'reconsideration stage' after allocation day (I'm not 100% sure about that, but it's worth a 'phone call).
Capers
Mum66

Post by Mum66 »

Can I suggest that you contact SHS and RHH - I've think I've heard somewhere that you can have DDs score shared up to end of October. You'll need to be quick!
Grammar01

Post by Grammar01 »

hermanmunster wrote: having said that there was some later discussion about "late sharing " - will try to find that too
Thanks Hermanmunster.....it will be nice if someone could shed more light on late sharing...
Grammar01

Post by Grammar01 »

capers123 wrote:You can still put a school that you haven't shared with on the top of your CAF - that way, you'll officially be told you can't have a place come March so will allow you to appeal against non-allocation.

Do contact the schools as well, as it might be possible to factor your daughter in at 'reconsideration stage' after allocation day (I'm not 100% sure about that, but it's worth a 'phone call).
Thx capers, as it was half term holidays i couldnt speak to the addmissions department...will update on monday...
Grammar01

Post by Grammar01 »

Mum66 wrote:Can I suggest that you contact SHS and RHH - I've think I've heard somewhere that you can have DDs score shared up to end of October. You'll need to be quick!
Thx Mum66....it was nice to see ur response it raised a hope..atleast i can have a pleasant weekend and face the truth on monday....