Help KS1 - 11PLUS

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Help KS1 - 11PLUS

Post by Guest »

Hi, i wander could anyone help me? I think that my daughter is a bright little spark but then i suppose i am her mother!

She has just finished YR2 and so has just sat her KS1 SATS. She achieved a level 3 in all areas. Is this a child in anyones opinion who i should start to coach towards the 11 plus exam?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, but not yet!! :D

9 months to a year ahead of the 11+ should be perfectly adequate. It slightly depends which area you are in - if it is 3 -4 exams, including Maths and English for example, you might start a little earlier, but it would be best to just do fun learning rather than coaching in the early days.

Sally-Anne
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

I would say probably a bit early to start "coaching" best to concentrate on the maths, english and lots of reading. However I must put my hand up and confess that my number two boy who has just finnished year two has looked at starter VR/NVR and some full blown NVR, I will claim in my defence they just happened to be lying around. :).

Just noticed beaten to the response by Sally-Anne she's a fast typer and I'm a slow thinker. :P

stevew61
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

stevew61 wrote:Just noticed beaten to the response by Sally-Anne she's a fast typer and I'm a slow thinker. :P
stevew61
Not sure that it is a virtue on my side Steve - I tend to type first and think later. Sometimes I even remember not to hit the Submit button before I've "thunk"! :wink:

Funnily enough, we had the same experience - Son 2 (in year 4) started on the Tutors CDs as Son 1 was taking the 12+ just before Easter. I've tucked them away now, but mainly because I need a break between the two!

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

Thank you so much for your reply. Thing is i have absolutly no idea about 11+ and all the rest that goes with it. Unfortunatley the school she attends does not help prepare them at all. I wasn't intending on coaching her.. i probably put it a bit wrong, what i meant was is a level 3 showing the potential.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

level 3 is definitely showing potential.

my 2 children both had level 3s at ks1, level 5's across the board in year 5.

both passed Kent test with minimum input (a couple of NFEr practice papers to build up speed)

My daughter has just left school, projected As in all subjects at A2 (she got 100% in first A2 in psychology and dropped 2 marks in History)

Encourage your child,loads of input, questions, outings...

You have a child to be proud of...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Anonymous wrote:Thank you so much for your reply. Thing is i have absolutly no idea about 11+ and all the rest that goes with it. Unfortunatley the school she attends does not help prepare them at all. I wasn't intending on coaching her.. i probably put it a bit wrong, what i meant was is a level 3 showing the potential.
Hi Guest

I suggest that you register on the forum (bottom of the page, no nasty spam) and tell us which area you hail from. Someone will then put you in the picture on the 11+ in you area.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now