CAF and Supplementary Information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Happy dad

CAF and Supplementary Information

Post by Happy dad »

Does anyone know if you have to fill out any other forms for KE schools other than your local CAF? I don't think so but not entirely sure.
dr.watson

Re: CAF and Supplementary Information

Post by dr.watson »

Happy dad wrote:Does anyone know if you have to fill out any other forms for KE schools other than your local CAF? I don't think so but not entirely sure.
No, I don't think so. Just Online CAF will be fine.
onetrickmonkey

Post by onetrickmonkey »

Dear all,

For those submitting their online CAF from other councils where a given school is not listed as an option in drop-down list, there is a need to fill in a paper form instead.

To be able to do paper form, DfE codes are required, but where to find ?
Last edited by onetrickmonkey on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
onetrickmonkey

Post by onetrickmonkey »

Ok. Having done some more google search and splitting hair a little further, here's how I am able to find:

Step 1: Go to http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Step 2: Type in the precise post code - let's say B14 7QJ and hit search button adjacent to it

Step 3: You'll be taken to a page listing all schools within the default section of 1 mile

Step 4: Click on the school you are interested to find DfE number for

Step 5: Now, don't be disheartened in not finding the DfE number and only the 6 digit Unique Reference Number. On the right side, you'll find a link to download more information (Download full set of school data CSV). Then open the Excel file.

Step 6: Approximately, the 4th field in the Excel Sheet will list the 7 digit DfE number

phew !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now