11 plus appeal, Tonbridge

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rayofhope

11 plus appeal, Tonbridge

Post by rayofhope »

Is it worth going for an appeal? My DD unfortunately failed her 11 plus, her scores were VR 133, NVR 141 & Maths 115. We put no pressure on her to take the 11 plus, there was no tutoring (more fool us) & much of the work that she did undertake was "off her own back". Unfortunately we had a big family upheaval over the summer holidays, due to my sister being unwell, hence having to care for her 3 yr old son. My DD is one of the youngest in her year & is predicted level 5's next year. We live very near to the grammar schools & I know that she would thrive in such an environment.

Thanks.
Etienne

Re: 11 plus appeal, Tonbridge

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!
Is it worth going for an appeal?
See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hi...I just wanted to ask if you are appealing to WoK and/or ToGS? I would say definitely appeal if you are thinking of Weald of Kent . ToGs will be harder to win...but then nothing ventured ,nothing gained. You have to have really strong academic evidence-you can mention the problems during the Summer and the appeals advice here will help but I would have thought the evidence from school will carry more weight.
rayofhope

Post by rayofhope »

Hi Tigger, thankyou for your reply. The only GS that we have put on our CAF is WoK, as there would be very little chance of us getting a place at ToGS. If she remains on target at school, she should achieve 5b in all subjects. I suppose it's keeping fingers crossed & collecting as much academic evidence as possible. What have we to lose, Hillview seems like a great school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now