QE Barnet from Slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sharmasak

QE Barnet from Slough

Post by sharmasak »

Hello,

is there anyone whose child (or children) commuting or will be commuting (in 2013) to QE Barnet or Henrietta from Slough, Langley, Windsor, Maidenhead area?

thanks,

sharmasak
copella

Re: QE Barnet from Slough

Post by copella »

No doubt you have your reasons but why on earth would you want to make your dc travel so far. We live in the borough next to Barnet and the length of the journey plus other factors made us rank qe lower down our caf. Since september my ds has attended our more local gs, he leaves home at 7.40 and gets home at 4.30 that feels like a long day to me for an 11 yr old. Please consider if the day to day travel would be worth it esp if your ds does after sch clubs or early morning swim for polo :?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

It may be the position of QE in the league tables. Otherwise, Slough has four good grammar schools, including Langley which has 100% catchment policy.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

On the Hertfordshire section of the site there is quite a bit about transport to QE Boys/ HBS, but one person said the journey from Harrow could take up to 1 hour 15 minutes so I can't imagine what it would take from your area, trying to cross the M25 as well. It seems like a dreadfully long journey to me too.
copella

Post by copella »

I understand the wish to send dc's to high achieving schools after all that's why we are all using this forum. But surely league tables should be part of the decision making not the sole reason for the decision esp if there are good local grammars. Perhaps it's me but sending a child into London and the on various tubes and a bus doesn't seem right. I would not consider working in slough because of the journey so would not expect a child to either. Friends whose children go to qe have sport practice during the week early mornings, evenings and weekends plus there is homework and an attempt to have a childhood! Hope the OP is successful and gets a good local grammar.
vasu

Post by vasu »

Kingfisher wrote:On the Hertfordshire section of the site there is quite a bit about transport to QE Boys/ HBS, but one person said the journey from Harrow could take up to 1 hour 15 minutes so I can't imagine what it would take from your area, trying to cross the M25 as well. It seems like a dreadfully long journey to me too.
My son travels from Harrow. He leaves at 7:40am and reach QE at around 8:20am. It is not one and half hour as you can see. :shock:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

That's good to know! But I was only quoting A.N.Other!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now