Billericay to SHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Araucana girl

Billericay to SHSG

Post by Araucana girl »

Can I ask if anyone's dd goes to SHSG from Billericay? We haven't really considered it as out of catchment and no bus to it. Just wondered if it is feasible. Would add another possibility to the caf next year?
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
ToadMum

Re: Billericay to SHSG

Post by ToadMum »

Neither secondary school-aged DC at SHSG but we are familiar with public transport in the Southend area :)

Billericay - Southend Victoria 29 minutes then bus no 1 (Arriva) or 26B (First) from the interchange outside the station. The 26B is better because it turns directly into Southchurch Rd, missing out the Travel centre loop. Train arrives 07.54, 26B due at about 08.02 (admittedly not always exactly on time :roll: but usually fairly close). Lots of SHSG girls use this route.

The 27 is also a possibility but follows a different route from the station and the nearest stop at the school end is about 5 minutes' walk from the school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

It is very feasible and many do it. About 15 girls travel by train, 7:25am from Billericay. They arrive at school after catching one the buses ToadMum describes at about 8:20/25. The girls start early and registration is 8:35.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Thank you. Dh still doesn't want her to consider it as he thinks it is too far but we might look into it then. Still prefer CCHS but .......... scared of the scores :?

Albert Einstein
moved

Post by moved »

I spoke to a mum about this. She has one DD who goes to WHSG and one in CCHS. Both are happy. Both do some travel, one by train, one by bus. Neither girl minds her journey.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

moved wrote:I spoke to a mum about this. She has one DD who goes to WHSG and one in CCHS. Both are happy. Both do some travel, one by train, one by bus. Neither girl minds her journey.
Thanks Moved - I am resigned that if she doesn't get into CCHS it will be the longer journey to WHSG (bus directly there from Billericay for both). My problem was that SHSG doesn't have a bus from Billericay. DD originally fancied that school although we didn't go to the open evening and have tried to put her off it since then due to the transport issues.

Might see next year when the open evenings start again.

Albert Einstein
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

Well worth visiting and meeting others who make the trip. You have plenty of time to ponder. Good luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now