Last Chance for Townley or Chis&Sid?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

1astminute

Last Chance for Townley or Chis&Sid?

Post by 1astminute »

Only 24 hours to go to change our minds and still uncertain between Townley and Chis&Sid. DD prefers Chis&Sid after a less than positive first visit to Townley, the second visit was much better but it had to overcome the -ve first impressions. I prefer Townley and believe she will excel at an all girls school. However she's very sporty and attracted to that aspect of C&S.

At the moment C&S sits top of the CAF ... any comments/reassurances much appreciated. Thanks
Tixylixy

Re: Last Chance for Townley or Chis&Sid?

Post by Tixylixy »

Hi Lastminute,

I too had a similar dilemma and sought the advice of this Forum and was advised to go with my DS's wishes.

I think the issue here is that you are have two great schools from which to choose so you're unlikely to regret whatever decision you make. Have a last heart to heart with DH and DD tonight before submitting the completed form.

In the end, I allowed my DS to make the final decision, simply because he had done the hard work and passed the exam, so I felt it only fair to allow him the prerogative of choosing where he will spend the next 5-7 years.

Hope this helps.

regards
sata

Post by sata »

Tixylixy, I think it is good to go with the wish of your DS. They have done all the hard work and will be good for him to feel proud about making his own choice.

My DD has been all over me to make sure that her wishes [Dartford Grammar Girls] is listed top on the form. As parents we want one thing and the kids prefer something else. My gut feeling is that all grammars are good and they only need to make the most out of their time in which ever choice they make.
Hopeful2002

Post by Hopeful2002 »

We're in the same position choosing between Bexley Grammar and Newstead . We love BGS and are 99% set on it - but, because DD got top 180, once we commit, that's it. So it's a big decision! But we know, deep down what we're going to do. I asked DD today, if there was no such thing as exam tests and results, which was your favourite school? Without a moment's hesitation, she said BGS. So...I just need to take a deep breath and make the commitment - but I'm dragging it out, as if some piece of information's going to appear, like a bolt of lightning from the sky, and confirm that BGS is definitely the right place for my daughter to spend the next 5-7 years. Hahaha. A big ask, perhaps...Good luck all you caring, concerned, thoughtful parents - with people that care so much behind them, and the choice of great schools, I'm pretty sure all our DC will be fine - more than fine :D Hmm...I think I've just answered my own question...
Hopeful2002

Post by Hopeful2002 »

Bit the bullet and submitted. Barring some sort of natural disaster, Bexley Grammar School - here we come! We are really happy and excited :)

Good luck to any other last minute submitters. It feels much better once you've done it - no looking back now!
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

We have choosen C&S for DS. Unfortunately we are only just in catchment - for last 3 years. So I think it's going to be difficult for me to relax about this until we know outcome in March :!:
Hopeful2002

Post by Hopeful2002 »

Best of luck Bromleymum1! Crossing fingers and toes that you get what you want :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now