Travel to Ribston from Bredon Hill/Tewkesbury area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

inkermann

Travel to Ribston from Bredon Hill/Tewkesbury area

Post by inkermann »

Is anybody considering Ribston from around Bredon Hill/ Tewkesbury area? As there is no organised transport and I would not want my daughter leaving home so early to get public transport at the beginning I was wondering if it might be possible to hook up with other parents to see if a lift share could work.
I spoke to Ribston about transport and they suggested that she get the HSFG transport and then get a bus across town, but I have no more details on this at present so not sure if it leaves from Bredon as I have been informed through a 3rd party. I also dont know if the timings would work.
New to this forum today so hope that I have done everything correctly.
Bigmamma

Re: Travel to Ribston from Bredon Hill/Tewkesbury area

Post by Bigmamma »

Hi welcome to the forum.

My DD caught the school bus to HSFG from Tewkesbury town for many years. It also goes to STRS. The bus is organised through Bennetts coaches and the link is as follows http://www.bennettscoaches.co.uk/school ... hool-2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure that the timings would work though for Ribston particularly in the evening.

Good luck with sorting travel x
vanla5

Post by vanla5 »

Hi Inkerman,
My DD will be going to Ribston from Tewkesbury area. I am will PM you.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Hope you can organise the car share but if not then this company transport direct to Ribston and Crypt with their last pick up being Arle Court (which is by the park and ride, opposite GCHQ) at 7.50.

http://www.express-travel.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I understand their first stop is the racecourse at about 7.30 arriving at Ribston, I believe, at about 8.15am. It would mean you taking her to the racecourse but better than driving all the way over to Ribston.

Warning, they aren't hot on communication, and I found ringing up the most reliable way of contacting them, although they do answer emails.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now