Advice on Handsworth girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daddy daycare

Advice on Handsworth girls

Post by Daddy daycare »

Hi every one, I was hoping some one would help me :- we were hoping our dc would get into fw but realistically after a score of 213 this is doubtful. We are now in the dilema of whether to put HWGS on our form. We know this is a borderline score, but the dilema we face is whether logisically we can take her and pick her up. We live 11 miles from handsworth and the green bus is not in our area - we would have to take our daughter in the morning, drop off btwn 0730-0800, My question is what time can girls be dropped of a the school, what are the start ad end times? Is there provisions for girls that get there early and could she stary after school until we could collect her aprox 4.15? Thank you for your advice.
UmSusu

Re: Advice on Handsworth girls

Post by UmSusu »

I am sure someone with direct experience will answer your query soon enough but from what I know the library / computer hubs at most secondary schools open at 8. I drop my DS off at HGS just after 8am so that I can cross the city centre and get back for the other DC before traffic builds up - there are usually others already there and I see plenty of girls on their way to KE Handsworth too on the way.

UmSusu
UmSusu
robotboy

Post by robotboy »

Why not ring the school for info?
Daddy daycare

Post by Daddy daycare »

Thank you UmSusu for your reply - thought that might be the case. We are just having a last minute panic before the form goes off tomorrow. We will call the school tomorrow for more information - good night :)
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

If our DS ends up at HGS he will catch the number 11 bus which goes round the entire city along the outer ring road. Is that an option for you?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

muminbrum wrote:If our DS ends up at HGS he will catch the number 11 bus which goes round the entire city along the outer ring road. Is that an option for you?
Oh - yes ! the number 11 - my Gran lived on the route and sometimes used to go for a ride all the way round it with her bus pass! :oops: sorry OT
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now