Maidenhead bus to Kendrick

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rm68

Maidenhead bus to Kendrick

Post by rm68 »

Hello
This may be a little premature as we are all in the dark until March 1st but I was thinking of investigating the cost of hiring a bus to do a route from Maidenhead to Kendrick if there are enough parents interested. I know the train is an option but I would feel more comfortable with a drop right at Kendrick. Please let me know if you are interested.
aliportico

Re: Maidenhead bus to Kendrick

Post by aliportico »

Have you spoken to the school about this at all? I'm just thinking about the traffic around there.

Honestly, I understand your concerns, but the walk up from the station is not at all like just sending an 11 year old off by herself - there are hordes of them/Reading boys/Abbey girls, so crowds of people to cross roads with and no chance of getting lost :-)
Busymum2012

Post by Busymum2012 »

Hi. If this was to go via Bracknell, I would definitely be interested! :D
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Agree with Aliportico.
Hordes of kids on train, so easy to follow the crowd, and join in with thier meet and greet affair. :D
Traffic is a nightmare in the mornings on the main route into Reading, which Kendrick is on.
Throw in the occasional roadworks and well..... :roll:

Busymum2012
I know Reading school put on a Horsemans coach which comes via bracknell, may be worth contacting them as its, only 1/4-1/2 mile away.
Or Kendrick may do something similar?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now