Previous Year's Pass Marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

UmSusu

Previous Year's Pass Marks

Post by UmSusu »

The following are the marks in the sticky about previous year's pass marks for 2011 and 2012 respectively, followed by the marks as stated in the results letter we received last month (in blue)

KE CAMP HILL BOYS
232, 234 (the same)

KE FIVE WAYS
223, 227 (227 [2011] and 225 [2012])

KE ASTON
217, 216 (215, 216)

BISHOP VESEY (from 2011 entry)
215, 212 (211, 212)

Can anyone explain the discrepancies or is there a mistake in the sticky (or even God forbid......the KEF letter :lol: )/ I know the letter states they are the marks initially required for entry. So I would imagine that if they went on to offer places at a later date to people off the waiting list, that last mark in would either remain the same or become lower.

I was about to put the letter away and only just noticed: The 2011 BV mark is 211 (lower than the sticky); the Aston mark for 2011 is also lower at 215 (also lower than the sticky and suggesting the pass mark went up by 1 mark for 2012); the Five Ways mark for 2011 was actually higher at 227 (sticky says 223) and lower at 225 in 2012 (sticky says 227).

Am I missing something or do we need to correct the pass marks in the sticky?

UmSusu
UmSusu
moseleymum

Re: Previous Year's Pass Marks

Post by moseleymum »

As it was our DD doing the exam, our letter had the pass marks for the girls schools, CHG, KEIVHS and Sutton Girls, which were all the same as the sticky.

The only discrepancy was Five Ways which you have pointed out already.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

My letter states the same as MM.

The sticky's QS for 2011 match the QS in a letter that I received from the KEF when enquiring about ds2 and dd1's scores (in 2011). This is what they sent me then:

KEFW: 223

KEA: 217

BV: 215

KECHB: 232

KEVIHS: 211

SC: 207

KECHG: 222

Must be a misprint, Umsusu.
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

It's not a misprint my letter is as umsusu states exactly. They dont all match. I actually did notice they didn't match the sticky here on this forum but didn't think to really post anything, should off on reflection!
KenR

Post by KenR »

This is quite interesting - we only get information from parents and there were a number of parents who confirmed and ratified the 2011 scores at the time. See
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 7&start=10

Also interesting that I changed the 2012 KEFW score recently from 225 to 227 on the Stickly following advice from parent who had a letter from the KE Foundation

Maybe if anyone from the KE Foundation Admissions Offices reads this post they could email or PM the EPE offices with the correct historical and explain the anomaly?
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

How odd. My letter and scores from the foundation are definatly as umsusu has stated. I did wonder where the 215 for BV had come from tbh but didn't think to voice the issue. I now know from a previous post how important these points are as well!
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

2012 KEFW is 225 on my letter!

mod - I might switch this one back to 225 on this basis!
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

All the scores in blue as per umsusu post are same as on my letter, may want to change in due course as well
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

This is all confusing. There must be a misprint in either the personal letters sent out from the KEF (2011 /2012) or they have sent the wrong figures out in letters to dps this year.

Can't comment on 2012 as didn't have a dc sit the exam. But on both of our 2011 letters from the KEF they state that the QS score for FW is 223.

But on my letter from the KEF recently, it states 227 for FW (2011 QS).

Definitely need someone from the KEF to explain.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I definitely checked my letter before posting and if newbiemum has the same letter then that is what they sent out to everyone - besides I doubt they write the whole letter out from scratch. So I would say this is their official stance on first allocations.

On the other hand KenR wrote the sticky based on the feedback he got from parents about what KE had told them. So I guess we need someone from KEF to clarify....... maybe there is a chance that my DS scored the 285 score after all and what I received was a misprint :lol: :lol: :lol:

UmSusu
UmSusu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now