Advice please

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

positivemum

Advice please

Post by positivemum »

Hi,my DD is in year 4.I want to start some gentle preparation for the 11 plus NVR. Please, I need some ideas on starting her off without making the whole thing being scary,many thanks x
yoyo123

Re: Advice please

Post by yoyo123 »

These are excellent

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/s ... rch&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they take you through NVR slowly step by step gradually building up. Ideal as you have plenty of time
loveyouradvice

Re: Advice please

Post by loveyouradvice »

Hi ... I started with my DD in year 4 just by buying age appropriate Bond books both V & NV reasoning... we called them quiz books and did them together for fun, when we fancied it.... at least that is what she thought we were doing! So for several weeks we'd do one or two a weekend... then had a gap of a few weeks, then another chunk....

I was reassured early on that she was naturally very good at NVR and less good at VR, which every one says is cos of vocal... so encouraged her to read masses and started as "Juicy words" list on the side of our fridge....

Good luck and I think it is very worth starting early so long as its done as fun - my DD was quite shocked to discover it was work when she got half way through year 5 and we started doing them more seriously!

ps Bond 10 min ones felt right length ... sometimes 15 mins... full 30 was too much and we cut in half