A3 Large test paper

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vision

A3 Large test paper

Post by vision »

my son completed his first transfer paper on Saturday. He has recently been diagnosed with a vision problem in one eye which is quite serious. The exam paper he was given was not a booklet but a photocopied paper which was stapled with one staple at the top. Surely this cant be right. Also the lady in charge forgot her moble phone and it vibrated on the invigilators desk twice. The invigilator struggled to sort it out with little success. Also the invigilator got up from her chair and started to do stretching excersies about 10 mins from the end. Totally disgusted as my son has been under so much pressure recently due to brain scans hospital appointments etc. Any advice would be great.The lady in charge came in at the end and on discovering she had letf phone and it had vibrated she proceeded to tell the two children in the room that they woukld get extra marks. Sounds like a lot of c.... pardon my language.
hermanmunster

Re: A3 Large test paper

Post by hermanmunster »

which area was this in?
capers123

Re: A3 Large test paper

Post by capers123 »

vision wrote:my son completed his first transfer paper on Saturday. He has recently been diagnosed with a vision problem in one eye which is quite serious. The exam paper he was given was not a booklet but a photocopied paper which was stapled with one staple at the top. Surely this cant be right.

Was it an enlargement of a normal A4 paper up to A3 size? If so, I wouldn't expect it to be specially printed at double the size - a 'photocopy, as long as it's the correct size for your child, should be fine.
Also the lady in charge forgot her moble phone and it vibrated on the invigilators desk twice. The invigilator struggled to sort it out with little success. Also the invigilator got up from her chair and started to do stretching excersies about 10 mins from the end. Totally disgusted as my son has been under so much pressure recently due to brain scans hospital appointments etc. Any advice would be great.The lady in charge came in at the end and on discovering she had letf phone and it had vibrated she proceeded to tell the two children in the room that they woukld get extra marks. Sounds like a lot of c.... pardon my language.
The 'phone vibrating should be noted in the invigilators log. Certainly no-one can add extra points to a score. The score is the score. An appeals panel can take account of the phone vibrating, and stress due to illness (you'll need dated medical evidence).

I note that you say there were only two children in the room. Most panels will hear appeals for where there are 20 or 30 children in the room; with that number, there are often lots of disturbances - rubbers being dropped, rhythmic tapping of pencils, sobbing, vomiting, persistant coughing, children getting up to pop to the loo mid-exam, football matches outside the window, planes flying over, dogs barking outside - the list is endless. Had your child been in a larger room, even without the 'phone vibrating, they may well have encountered a greater amount of distraction. I should say that I'm saying that with my '11+ forum member' hat on rather than my 'appeal panel member' one.
Capers