My baby ...... on the school bus!!!!!????

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SPUD

My baby ...... on the school bus!!!!!????

Post by SPUD »

Oh he's SOOOO ickle! Them big kids gonna eat him alive.

I know its a mother's job to worry isn't it!

I've been kitting him out, his back pack is bigger than him!

Roll on September????

:wink:
Sue
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hiya Spud,
Pensby here ,your baby will be fine,I remember going to the bus stop with my daughter 2 years ago ,she was only 11 in the July.

I was worried sick about her,she came home full of it the big kids were great!I know girls are different but I'm sure he will be fine.The next morning I was told I wasn't allowed to go to the bus stop and felt so proud of my baby!!

My son takes his 11+ this year any useful tips???Where is your son going,we're hoping for Caldy
anyway good luck!!

Pensby
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Many schools appoint bus prefects to stop any messing about on buses - try to get him not to carry around things he does not need!! Make a copy of his timetable and pin up in his room to assist with packing each day - most schools have lockers so that some stuff can be stored at school.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

They all have enornous back packs in year 7, like giant tortoises, that seem to become smaller as they get older, with the 6th former carring almost nothing.

We all worry when our child start year7. It's such a big step. Our baby isn't a baby anymore.
But he will be fine.
SPUD

Post by SPUD »

Thanks everyone!

Pensby - - he is going to Wirral. We were fortunate to get in on appeal - i doubt we would if we'd chosen Calday as Wirral had about 20 odd spaces where i know Calday didn't. I think the year before Calday had spaces.

Good luck with it, you'll have a raft of open evenings which start in Sept, get ready to hit the ground running!
Sue
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

you have just reminded mo of our friend, who got on the school buss everal stops early and hid behind a broadsheet newspaper.

husband and i 'just happened' to be in our front garden (ON BUS ROUTE)at 8.30 a.m and saw them happily go past, mate gave us thumbs up under cover of paper!!

Luckily we were saved the deerstalker and secret handshake!!
SPUD

Post by SPUD »

Thanks Yoyo, you made me laugh. Must remember my copy of the Guardian with eye holes cut in it!!!!!

:lol:
Sue
neurotic kent mum3

Post by neurotic kent mum3 »

daughter will not let me go on the train with her. pointed out that she thought she would be able to follow the sea of green to her school and if by chance failed could ring me. I still scared. She adamant.

Post by Guest »

I'm planning a few trial runs on the bog standard bus - which goes the same way as the school bus. Try and give him a few landmarks to remember!

PS I'm Spud - i forgot to log in!
guest0001

Post by guest0001 »

My 11 year old son is 131cm tall, which is approx 4 feet 4 inches. He is a size 1 foot....He did not look right when we dressed him in his new school uniform....He looked too small to go to BIG school. His best friend is nearly 5 feet tall! and a size 6 foot. My baby is going to big school with a lot of BIG boys. And we have only one week to go...I am both happy :D and sad :(