days off before exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pinkpanther

days off before exam

Post by pinkpanther »

How many have taken a day off school before the exam? How many days are people taking off?
Ladymuck

Re: days off before exam

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

I hadnt even considered this... I thought it would be more normalising for my DD to have a relaxed day at school with friends midst exams than at home with me when she'd be more likely to watch telly and want to do more sluggish things!

She's got exams Thurs Fri and then Tues Wed Fri following week.....love to hear other thoughts
Yummiemummie

Post by Yummiemummie »

Same here, didn't even consider it. Not sure it sends the right message to the child. My DD tried for 3 different senior schools and only had time off to attend these plus assessment days/interviews. On an interview day I picked her up at the last minute and whisked her there. I think it cuts down on nerves on the day and also tells the child that its not the end of the world if they don't get a place. Luckily my DD was offered all 3 spaces and is happily settling in to our/her first choice school.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Not planning on any days off here, though will see how things go, and may take Friday off, as there are exams Saturday and Sunday. Also considering having a sneaky Monday off, to do something fun.
dlb

Post by dlb »

I took my DS out of school day before any of his exams! He relaxed at home and I felt this was more beneficial than doing work at school all day. I would never usually take my kids out of school, but I felt that you only get one shot at these tests!! I'm sure there are differing opinions but it worked for us!!!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now