Nearer the exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum

Nearer the exam

Post by mum »

Nowadays my daughter is sometimes repeating few papers. I'm noticing the papers like BOND where she achieved about 93% previously, second time she is getting around 90%. Moreover she is exactly repeating the same mistakes as before with one or two additional mistakes. Does that mean when I discussed the mistakes and corrected those, its not been registered to her brain? :x
Is it time for a short break? Any advice???
mum
Catherine

Re: Nearer the exam

Post by Catherine »

Are you to referring to maths questions?
You could try to make up similar practice questions yourself with a similar or different wording, and slight variations until you are sure that your daughter has good grasp of the particular subject. It's a techinque was working for my son.

Somethig that also worked was to ask my son to explain to me how he got to the answer. Either he was quickly realising that he was wrong, or I wasable to understand precisely what the problem was.

But possibly at the end of a summer holidays your daughter is loosing concentration and a short break may be beneficial.

You could also repeat the question in a more general section, maths or tips etc. It's a bit quiet on the Berkshire forum.

Catherine

PS - posting edited to add to it.
mum

Post by mum »

Thanks Catherine, will try it....
mum
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi Mum,

I would say take a break. Dear son informs me ( reading over my shoulder ), that towards the end last year he felt tired and so deliberately got questions wrong so I would end our sessions early. :twisted: He could have just asked for a break. :( . Little and often I think is the key over the summer. We found that in September performance picked up again.

stevew61
mum

Post by mum »

Thanks stevew61, I also feel the same. Its a break thats probably essential now..............
mum