Still another three months to wait!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
suzysu

Still another three months to wait!

Post by suzysu »

It is very quiet on here. Please reassure me I am not the only one anxiously counting the months/days until 1st March!
yummycool

Re: Still another three months to wait!

Post by yummycool »

you're not alone :)

It does feel like forever, hoping the busy time of Christmas keeps us occupied and takes our mind off things.
Cheerios

Post by Cheerios »

I can't believe there is still so long to wait. It's driving me insane. I am looking at the forum every day in the vain hope that someone has found out what the AQS is. Thank goodness this is my last DC - if I had to go through this any more times I would end up in a strait jacket!!
ginx

Post by ginx »

I'm waiting too. Everyone says my dd's score is enough but I won't believe it till I see it ...

I wonder if anyone will find out the AQS before 1 March - surely not?

I bet the forum will be busy then!

I'm sure everyone is waiting ... we went shopping today for school uniform for my older dd, my younger dd who is hoping she has got to the gs, was admiring the uniform for the gs. She's sure she's got there. The owner of the shop said, funnily enough, his dd was in the same predicament, she had done quite well, but was it well enough? Who knows?

Somebody somewhere must know ....
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

ginx wrote:Somebody somewhere must know ....
That's what is going around my head...a piece of paper, a computer system...somewhere in an office just down the road from us...

I keep looking longingly at the KES website just in case there is a clue, but of course there isn't.

We bought cricket kit in the JJB closing down sale because it was so cheap it was just too tempting to wait...it may be a mistake but we can always sell it on Ebay. It felt a bit like buying baby clothes before your first scan! :)
ginx

Post by ginx »

Bloomers151, something tells me you're in south Warwickshire!

Life here in East Warwickshire is less competitive; doesn't mean I'm not worried. It's ages till 1 March.

I think it was Countrymum who was counting the hours .... I'm not quite that bad ...

Life on the Warks forum is kind of dead. It's obviously all happening in Bucks and Kent? I think.
Janeymorris

Post by Janeymorris »

I,m thinking of all of you waiting, that was me last year and I have to say I think the memories of that day stay a long time, bit like we can all remember our own exam result days. I remember not being able to concentrate on anything all day. I had hoped to open the email at 5 on my own then break the news, but my DS wanted to wait with me so the 2 of us sat there at 4.55 side by side looking at the screen. It was quite a special moment, as we,d had school of mum so we were a team. So we waited, and 5 came, and it was the biggest anticlimax because nothing happened! In fact nothing happened for the next 7 minutes and it was the most deflated feeling. Then at 5.08 there it was, wrks school admission email. We took a deep breath and pressed open. The first thing we saw was ashlawn selective so we rejoiced round the room. I then relooked at the screen and scrolled down and realised it was a list of the 5 school selection we listed. It was very confusing and for an awful moment I thought i,d got it wrong and then I saw the little "place offered" by the side. Thank goodness for that. Happy waiting everyone!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Feels like ages till 1 march. As I did apply on line, what time of day can I expect dd's result?

it seems very quiet on here. I suppose it will become very busy on here again on 1 march when we all know where our dc are going.

I am not doing this, but feel sure someone knows, i assume private schools have entrance exams, are they all after 1 march or do they all vary?

Is anyone in Warwickshire out there ...?
ChilledDad

Post by ChilledDad »

Private schools have their entrance exams in January, before the schools are formally allocated/offered. Hope this helps.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It is very clever timing by the private schools. We know many people who were only intending to sit the private schools as backup for the selectives, but ended up being seduced into accepting the offers. They spend so much time there sitting all day exams and then follow up interviews that the selective becomes a distant memory. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now