Here we go again.... Bucks appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bucks mum of 3

Re: Here we go again.... Bucks appeal

Post by bucks mum of 3 »

Well that sounds good and has made me feel a bit more positive about the situation.Thank-you! Academically she is doing really well so hopefully all will go well. :D
charliec

Post by charliec »

Bucks mum of 3 it is encouraging to see that you had successful appeals for your other 2 children and the scores they had. I think if you appealed for them it would only be fair to appeal for the other one. We have 3 and this is our first child taking the test so got 2 more to go!
Good luck and any tips on new process would be great.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

bucks mum of 3 wrote:I was successful with the first 2 appeals my son scored 117 and my daughter 113. This time round 118 and 112 and i don't really have any circumstances at all and it's worrying me that I won't be able to fight my case face to face.
Bucks mum of three sorry to hear your news. This is a first time appeal for me so will start a new thread under JPK but given that my DD scored very similar to your successful appeal with your DD would be grateful for any insight you are able to give on that thread. Good luck for this time
candy46

Post by candy46 »

I am confused, our head implied a few weeks ago that we do still need to dod a face to face appeal, is this true? What is the current procedure for Bucks?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

candy46 wrote:I am confused, our head implied a few weeks ago that we do still need to dod a face to face appeal, is this true? What is the current procedure for Bucks?
Read the guidance we've given:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=29733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's a lot to take in, but tell me if anything is not clear. :)
Etienne
candy46

Post by candy46 »

Brilliant, thank you, appeal it is then as def want to take this son's school work in!!!! :lol:
candy46

Post by candy46 »

Sorry, one query, my last son's appeal hearing was in Jan, are they now later than that? Are they not "done and dusted" by end of feb?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

candy46 wrote:Sorry, one query, my last son's appeal hearing was in Jan, are they now later than that? Are they not "done and dusted" by end of feb?
Review panel hearings will be completed by early February, with letters being posted to parents on 8th February.

Those opting for a hearing in front of an IAP (Independent Appeal Panel) will have to wait until May (or possibly even later) for their hearing, which is of course after school places have been allocated.
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

We're talking to our son's head tomorrow. We have their complete backing as they're stunned he didn't pass. He's still very nervous about going into school though, seems most of his friends passed.

As to review or wait for IAP, there will be no places left for the school he wants if we wait until March. If the review fails, he'll sit late entry for other grammars in Yr7.

We did go through the old appeal process for dd two years ago and were successful from scores of 115/109. I think that gives me some hope that 118 might be a little easier. She's now absolutely flying at grammar so that's a great motivator to get ds where he should be too.

Bucks mum of 3 - our children obviously share the 11+ disaster trait!