please help! (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rathishaminy

please help! (Bucks)

Post by Rathishaminy »

please can some one help me , my daughter scored 117 in her exam and the head teacher didn't give us the appael form or letter to see her.
what shall i do , shall i still go see the head teacher tomorrow.

thank you
sara.
yoyo123

Re: please help!

Post by yoyo123 »

I'll move this to the appeals section
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Rathishaminy wrote:shall i still go see the head teacher tomorrow.
Yes.

Meanwhile, there is plenty of reading to do! :)
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Sara

The Head will not have given you the form automatically - you have to request it, and also make an appointment to see her. The reason for this is that it would be entirely wrong for candidates who have not qualified to receive a letter that is "thicker or bigger" than those who have qualified. Also, of course, a very large proportion of those who have not qualified will not want to pursue the matter.

Please do call the school tomorrow, request information about a review or appeal (there is a difference) and then read this thread and all the links contained within it. It is a lot of reading material, but you will feel very much more in control once you have done so.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=29733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sally-Anne

P.S. Etienne's beaten me to it, but I get the prize for the longer post this time. :lol:

P.P.S. Actually, I usually do! :oops:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Quality and quantity, S-A! :wink:

A hard act to precede ....... :oops:
Etienne
Rathishaminy

Post by Rathishaminy »

Dear Sally-Anne and Etienne,

Thank you so much, the reason i asked that question is because in a 11+ meeting the head teacher mentioned that she will give a letter to those parents who she think will be eligable for appeal.

Thats why i am really worried in case she is given the letters to other parents and not me.
Thank you so much for the reply, i am now going to read all the link which you posted.

Sara
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Etienne wrote:A hard act to precede ....... :oops:
Many apologies for hijacking your thread, Sara, but Etienne was on this forum before me, and I have learned everything I know about appeals from her.

We don't usually get to "play" on the Appeals section, and we are both here, and capable of being perfectly serious when you need us. :D

It's just been a long weekend ...

Sally-Anne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Rathishaminy wrote:the reason i asked that question is because in a 11+ meeting the head teacher mentioned that she will give a letter to those parents who she think will be eligable for appeal.

I think that she means after results day - as in my comment above about "bigger and thicker" letters?
Rathishaminy

Post by Rathishaminy »

Thank you Sally, feel little confidence to face the head tomorw,
i'll post what ever the outcome is,
Thanks again,
sara.
Rathishaminy

Re: please help! (Bucks)

Post by Rathishaminy »

Dear Etienne/Sally,
i saw the head teacher and she is fully supportive and agreed to help us with review. i am little worried because my daughter is good in maths she got 4a but in reading and writing she only got 4c, will this seriousely effect.

i dont have any seriouse circumstancec other then she was geniunly ill the week before the exam and on the exam day, couldn't get an emergency appointment when she came back from school but managed to get it the next day and discoverd she has been suffering from chesty infection and thats why the temperature didn't drop so she was put on antibiotics for next five days.

could you please advise me will they consider this also how bad is 117 in 11+ exam has anyone you know in semilar to my sitution have they suceeded the selection review.

i am really nervouse , also advise me is it good idea to get the paper hand marked, is it worth doing that and will that have any impact on the selection review.

please help me , really stressed.

thank you again,
sara