Tutors Paper ( Verbal Reasoning Paper twoB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
srk1

Tutors Paper ( Verbal Reasoning Paper twoB

Post by srk1 »

I wondered if anyone can shade some light into 3 questions in this paper and how you arrive at these answers. Q62: AW is to XT as SQ is to (??) - options are SM, MN, NN, SN, OP. Ans is SN.
Q65: AB IS TO XE as UD is to (??) - options are TG,TH,UG,UH,VJ. Ans is UG.
Q80: Mr Edwards, Mr Peace and Mr Gearing work in the city. Mr Edwards leaves for work at 8.30, fifteen minutes after Mr Peace. It takes Mr Peace fifty five minutes to get to work, ten minutes less than Mr Gearing who leaves home at 8.00. Mr Edwards arrives for work at 9.05. What time does Mr Gearing arrive? Ans is 8.45??
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi srk1

Whenever anyone purchases a pack of papers an erratum is included.

If the papers were purchased through elevenplusexams.co.uk, let them know and they should be able to forward a copy to you.

Regards

Mike

Re: Tutors Paper ( Verbal Reasoning Paper twoB

Post by Guest »

hi srk1
my son worked these ones right first time (answers given on sheet). he is playing outside so i will try to explain hope its going to be right:-
Q62: AW is to XT
so go backwads 3 spaces from A to reach X (ZYX) it means A -3 spaces, now same with W to T. if you go backwards 3 spaces (W -3)from W you will get T.
now use -3 method for VQ, so V -3 = S and Q -3 = N. hope its right...!!!

Q65:i think you have misread the answer it is RG on our list of answers and we have worked it out as RG.

Q80: sorry but i think again you are looking at wrong answer right answer is 9:05 and again that's what my little devil worked out without any problem.
i hope it is helpful. i am not very confident but i think whatever you are reading should be right and hope you get more response to this problem. just out of interest when did you buy this paper? i downloaded this one on 11/01/07 (purchase date is at the bottom of every sheet) may be you bought it before this date. actually if someone points out any genuin mistake then authors rectify it straightaway. so if you bought this paper before 1st of Jan then these mistake might not be pointed out that time. this is only my guess. best of luck.nishant
srk1 wrote:I wondered if anyone can shade some light into 3 questions in this paper and how you arrive at these answers. Q62: AW is to XT as SQ is to (??) - options are SM, MN, NN, SN, OP. Ans is SN.
Q65: AB IS TO XE as UD is to (??) - options are TG,TH,UG,UH,VJ. Ans is UG.
Q80: Mr Edwards, Mr Peace and Mr Gearing work in the city. Mr Edwards leaves for work at 8.30, fifteen minutes after Mr Peace. It takes Mr Peace fifty five minutes to get to work, ten minutes less than Mr Gearing who leaves home at 8.00. Mr Edwards arrives for work at 9.05. What time does Mr Gearing arrive? Ans is 8.45??
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Guest

Are you using The Tutors e-papers, these are electronic downloads that can be altered almost immediately an issue arises, whereas published papers are altered on a re-print?

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

yes mike i downloaded all TUTOR E-papers from this website. oh i am the one who posted above post as guest. nishant.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Guest

I have checked the above questions against the current e-paper 2b.

The e-paper was last modified on 30th August 2006.

Therefore the paper you have is now more than twelve months old.

On the bottom of the e-paper there is a Download Date & Time.

If you contact elevenplusexams.co.uk directly with your purchase details we can arrange for an update to be sent to you.

Regards

Mike

mine's ok

Post by Guest »

hi mike as i mentioned that i downloaded my these tests in january 07 it means i have already got modified versions. i think SRK1 must have biught these in papers form or downloaded before 30th of 2006. i hope she reads your above informative mail.thanks
srk1

Post by srk1 »

Thank you for getting back to me regarding the papers. I did buy all the packs from Smiths, however had failed to notice the erratum. We are still ploughing through the rest of the packs. Many Thanks

Post by Guest »

hi srk1 how is your son/daughter scoring in these tests. my son did very well (but he scored only 70/80 in test 5 i think) in these ones and susan daughtrey ones now he is doing Nfer Nelson. i am lucky as he enjoys doing these tests. would you like me to post his scores (just for your reference). if yes i can PM because i am not sure if others would like to know. anyways good luck. bye. thanks.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest

Glad that your son is doing well and enjoying the tests. If you want to PM srk1 you will both need to register first.

I would tend to recommend not posting fabulous scores publicly on the Forum at this stage in the lead up to the 11+. It could get a bit depressing for some parents!

The children need to get at least 86% - 90% to be really comfortable - to pass. If your child is achieving that, or better, you are in clover. If your child is achieving less than that, don't be down-hearted: there are still a few weeks to go.

If one or two particular question types are giving your child problems, you could consider using the Tutor's CDs (instant download version available) for "saturation practice" of those types. However, I would warn that the CD format is not ideal for the code questions, because there is no substitute for having a pencil in your hand to count back and forth along the alphabet. Otherwise they are excellent practice materials.

Good luck to all who are preparing for the test. Don't overdo it - just keep up steady progress.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now