Shot 11 Year Old

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

QE Dad

Shot 11 Year Old

Post by QE Dad »

Deepest symapthy to the parents of Rhys Jones.
patricia

Post by patricia »

I would like to second that.

Our country needs to sort out its gun laws with immediate effect.

Patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

So do I.

It is one of those sickening cases that make you wonder..,

Post by Guest »

Sorry to hear the news, and my heart goes to the parents.

However, for something to be done about the British youb mentality, it should NOT have to be a tragedy such as this Young kids are being bullied on a large scale via cyber technology, peer pressure, television advertising and so. Children have lost their innonce through the over use of the internet, mindless computer games and access to dvds and movies that they should not be watching. All this over exposure and abuse than creates a mind that is both disturbed and very dangerous.

The values that our parents once fought for have been diluted and eroded. The drink culutre and the view that crime pays and you get off lightly is all too visible. Our society has lost its idenity and it's way and unless something is done it will be too late!

Just look at the news on TV, singers like Amy Whinehouse, become celebs, get a drug habit goes into re-hab, record sales go-up and its suddenly cool, you have radio one DJs bragging about how much beer they drowned the night before and generally being a********s on the radio, kids listen to this and they think this is normal behaviour.

Standards have dropped, we have the worst behaved teens, official survey, what more can be said.

It won't bring this poor young boy back, but I hope the authorities catch the culprits and throw them in jail for a long time, and set and example to the rest of the yobs out there.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

This is ONE incident. It is a tragedy, but we shouldn't use it to draw hasty conclusions on the state of society.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Anonymous wrote:Standards have dropped, we have the worst behaved teens, official survey, what more can be said.
There was an interesting article in the Times last week about that survey. One of the "results" that made the headlines was that 44% of teens "admit to having been involved in a fight in the previous year". The Times article pointed out that the actual question asked was whether the teen had pushed or hit someone in the last year, including siblings and family members, even if no injury was caused. As the mother of 2 boys I'm staggered that the result wasn't far higher!

The article - which sadly is not on the Times website - also debunked many of the other findings of the survey because the questions were seriously flawed and biased.

Beware "official" surveys!

Post by Guest »

This is ONE incident. It is a tragedy, but we shouldn't use it to draw hasty conclusions on the state of society.
Really?, What about the murders of YOUNG BLACK boys in London, Manchester, Birmingham and so forth this year, and last? Or the chap who had chocalate thrown in his and was stabbed to death, or the murder of Jamie Bulger 10 years plus ago?

Do you need anymore examples or shall we praise our young society?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Anonymous wrote:
Really?, What about the murders of YOUNG BLACK boys in London, Manchester, Birmingham and so forth this year, and last? Or the chap who had chocalate thrown in his and was stabbed to death, or the murder of Jamie Bulger 10 years plus ago?

Do you need anymore examples or shall we praise our young society?
May I be as impolite as to ask what you, personally, are doing to ameliorate this problem? Are you working in your wider community to help children find a different path?

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

Yes I am, are you?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, unpaid and virtually full-time.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now