Tiffin Girls 2nd Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yummycool

Tiffin Girls 2nd Test

Post by yummycool »

Cannot describe the relief that this is all over :D

But have been left slightly confused as to why half the girls came out of the exam nearly 45 mins later than some. Does anyone know? It was mentioned that some children needed the toilet.
panacea

Re: Tiffin Girls 2nd Test

Post by panacea »

Same here, now we can all enjoy christmas ;)
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

The second group had started later as DD said it took all the DDs less than 5 mins to come out of the hall after the end of the tests. Probably they only have three security personnel to deal with the two groups of candidates, hence have to split into to two groups and not to end at the same time. They should have told group 2 parents to come a bit later rather than let us stand in the cold for an extra 40 mins. :evil:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

There were 2 groups possibly as they do not have big enough hall to test all children in one hall. I understand, one group was in Hall and the other group in Gym.

Were the children held up after completing the test to allow for 2 groups to leave separately?

If not, then obviously, either the test started late for some reason (late arrivals of children coming from distance :?: ) or there were bigger breaks than planned.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
yummycool

Post by yummycool »

DD said that the breaks were long as majority of the girls needed to to to the toilet !
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

yummycool wrote:DD said that the breaks were long as majority of the girls needed to to to the toilet !
That must be the reason for late finish - we can't blame School for this.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
BusyMumThree

Post by BusyMumThree »

My DD was in the gym and said there were far more girls in the gym than in the hall so toilet breaks between the papers took ages...they finished approximately 40 minutes later than scheduled...they were not held back to stagger leave times or anything like that....just a case of managing a lot of girls :D

She also said she thought the papers were ok...though she was very quiet today...how did other girls find it? Not sure if DD is quiet because things went wrong or she's just exhausted
:?: :!: :?:
yummycool

Post by yummycool »

Hi, BusyMumThree,

My dd exactly the same - today, just wants to forget about the whole thing. In fact is very negative about how she did. Initially she thought it was ok but today thinks it was very hard. I think she has had time to think about all those things she could have written and didn't :(

We are extremely proud of her and her achievement. I told her yesterday that in my eyes, she had already passed. To be in the top 500 is in itself a result!

The wait till March 1st is going to feel very long!!

Good luck to your dd.
BusyMumThree

Post by BusyMumThree »

Hi YummyCool

Totally agree!!! Our DD's did exceptionally well to get through to the second stage and regardless of what happens now we should all be so proud of our little girls!!! All of them are winners :D

Thankfully my DD seems better today...I think she was just really tired yesterday, it was a long day especially since she was in the gym and didn't come out until near to 2pm...

She is quite confident that the papers went well ... Now we have just have to wait 3 months and see what happens....

Wishing your DD the best for March... Hope it all works out the way you want :D
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Were there really 500 girls sitting yesterday? Did all second rounders sit yesterday apart from those who were ill? I had a student sitting. She found the English much easier than the Maths. Will not discuss any details until after back up date. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now