tutors 11+ material

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chez

tutors 11+ material

Post by chez »

How close are the tutors 11+ questions to the real 11+ Nfer questions?
Do they tend to be easier, similar??

p.s MIKE -I would have loved to come to the Bucks Show to the tutor stand but I am working that day unfortunately. Any chance you could send a pack out to those who would like one Mike??? :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Chez

The Tutors try to mirror the NFER content as close as possible. This is not too difficult with the NFER published papers with 15 question types. The difficulty occurs when formatting the 6 additional question types that appear on the 21 format NFER familiarization papers. We only have six or seven example questions to work from and sometimes have to be a little creative.
Across our whole product range for Verbal Reasoning there are over 3000 unique questions, we tend to start with less difficult questions depending on the variance within the question type and then work towards the more difficult questions.
A free Methods & Techniques course will be available on the site shortly that covers question variances.

As far as the Bucks County Show is concerned we have taken advice from the show organisers and are organising packs specifically for people attending the show. However, if there is a surplus of material after the show it may be made available. All products are distributed by elevenplusexams.co.uk, not The Tutors.

Regards

Mike
chez

tutors 11+ papers

Post by chez »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
My daughter is doing very well on your tutors papers. The last one she got all of them right (1b). Normally she gets around 3-5 wrong on other papers! So i hope that's a good indication for the real thing.
The ones we have are the tutors downloadable papers from this website 1a, 2b etc...
I will keep my eye out for any surplus packs advertised.

I Hope the stand goes goes well and again thanks

Post by Guest »

oh my GOD i hope we didn't miss it so......WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and for WHO.............eeeh....pleeeez tell me what are you talking. thankyou
Mike wrote:Hi Chez

The Tutors try to mirror the NFER content as close as possible. This is not too difficult with the NFER published papers with 15 question types. The difficulty occurs when formatting the 6 additional question types that appear on the 21 format NFER familiarization papers. We only have six or seven example questions to work from and sometimes have to be a little creative.
Across our whole product range for Verbal Reasoning there are over 3000 unique questions, we tend to start with less difficult questions depending on the variance within the question type and then work towards the more difficult questions.
A free Methods & Techniques course will be available on the site shortly that covers question variances.

As far as the Bucks County Show is concerned we have taken advice from the show organisers and are organising packs specifically for people attending the show. However, if there is a surplus of material after the show it may be made available. All products are distributed by elevenplusexams.co.uk, not The Tutors.

Regards

Mike
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Guest

Look at the forum posting in the Bucks Section under Bucks County Show 2007.

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

thanks mike what is the best time to be there?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

The website for the show is:

http://www.buckscountyshow.co.uk/

This contains schedules for the show. We will be at the showground all day. We would suggest that the show is a good day out for all the family, so why not make a full day of it. I think the gates open around 8.00 a.m.

Regards

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now