Do any of the other Grammars have a Staff Panto like SHS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sunflowers

Do any of the other Grammars have a Staff Panto like SHS?

Post by Sunflowers »

We were fortunate enough to get tickets for the SHS annual Staff Panto last week...has anyone ever seen one there? They're brilliant! It's great for the pupils and parents to see the teachers in a different light...and sometimes the Head teacher in drag...although this year as Father Christmas! Anyone who is lucky enough to be going there, remember to apply for your tickets as soon as it's announced next year...or you will miss out on a really funny evening!... Do staff at any of the other Grammars do a panto?
Amber

Re: Do any of the other Grammars have a Staff Panto like SHS

Post by Amber »

I think many teachers, whether at grammar school or not, would relate to the idea of school being a pantomime. Oh yes they would. Would draw the line at the head in drag though. :shock: Bleah.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Last year there was an interval spot of one of the (permanent) supply staff, in drag as Alice, singing 'Alice, Alice, what a lovely Alice'...

It's a wonderful way to see the staff as ordinary people (well, extra-ordinary) rather than teachers. And how enthusiastic they are. I'm happy that they're teaching my daughters.

We're still finding small fragments of paper towel about the house.
Capers
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I am looking forward to it already
Fishz

Post by Fishz »

The teachers at dd's primary school did a panto on the last day. It was just for the kids though so I have no idea what it was like, other than dd loved it which is the main thing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now