Papers for Plymouth Girls School 11+ Exams 2013?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hodginsi

Papers for Plymouth Girls School 11+ Exams 2013?

Post by Hodginsi »

Has anyone heard anything official about the 11 + exams for DHSG and PHSG to be held in September 2013?
My wife's hairdresser told her that the girls schools were going to do Maths and English like DHSB. {Here I have to add that my wife's hairdresser has a daughter who is being tutored for the 11 plus}
Anna10

Re: Papers for Plymouth Girls School 11+ Exams 2013?

Post by Anna10 »

My daughter sat the 11+ this year and we were told by her tutor it was likely to change next year (for 2013) to a format similar to the boys- english and maths papers, but as far as she was aware it had not been confirmed yet....I haven't heard any more.
angieblaikie

Post by angieblaikie »

we spoke with the head of PHSG at the 11+ exam and she confirmed exam will be same as boys for 2013 ie maths and english, no VR
SophieKShaw

Post by SophieKShaw »

Des this mean the test is easier? My daughter is sitting the exam next year and we are really nervous about what to expect.... Cheers
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

English is generally considered to be the hardest exam to prepare for. VR can be taught as can Maths but English requires real understanding of how to write. Is there going to be a creative writing paper or just a comprehension? If you have a writing paper you will need to understand what techniques to include. Have they given you any sample papers? DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now