Edgbaston High

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ah

Edgbaston High

Post by ah »

Hi,

My daughter will be sitting the test for EHS, does anyone know what to expect in the test.

Any feedback would be great.

Thank you.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi ah

I know you are posting here rather than Birmingham because the Birmingham section is so quiet, but I still suggest that you try there as well. I think people are still coming back from holiday and things will liven up once term starts.

Good luck to your daughter for the tests.

Sally-Anne

Re: Edgbaston High

Post by Guest »

ah wrote:Hi,

My daughter will be sitting the test for EHS, does anyone know what to expect in the test.

Any feedback would be great.

Thank you.
If you're worried she might not get into Edgbaston High without knowing what's in the test, I definitely wouldn't bother putting her in for the KE one!
ah

ehs

Post by ah »

Thanks sally-anne, will do.

To Guest, not at all, just being over an over cautious and curious parent, as my first child so do not have the experience, if you never ask you never know.

Daughter is hitting 95% plus in VR, NVR and maths, 80% plus in English so i think i will bother!!!

Thanks all the same.
mf

Post by mf »

I don't believe EHS can be a very rigorous exam because I know children from third set maths, low table English have achieved entrance -- and have gone on to score 4's in their Sats. But you are quite right. It's best to be prepared.
ah

Post by ah »

Thankyou mf, sometimes some of us parents need a little encouragment rather than being discouraged and not "bothering"

Post by Guest »

All the best ah. I a lowly person. Son,not going to a 'Grammar' School-nearest one Rugby,i live in Cov...Thinking of applying for a FREE Grammar place at Lawrence Sheriff...He will have to be a genius...Not in catchment, etc!!! Its sooo hard. By the way,son going to Bablake independent,had to take an entry test. These Grammar school tests SEEM to be getting harder and harder. Your child is very bright. The scores are good. My son was 98% in maths,verbal reasoning 97%..English...Typical teenager!!!!!!!
ah

Post by ah »

To Guest,

I found it a little difficult to understand exactly how you are trying to help in your posts? if anyone else can see the message please explain!! i thought this forum was here so poeple help each other and be nice!

Im sure your son is very bright getting those marks and being a 'teenager', my daughter has only just turned ten so im more than satisfied with her results, best thing is she is improving everyday.

try and be nice!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

ah

Post by ah »

To catherine,

Thank you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now