Is it Absolutely, Definitely Durham CEM for 2013 Test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Olivia16

Is it Absolutely, Definitely Durham CEM for 2013 Test?

Post by Olivia16 »

Hi,

I joined your forum a week ago when I first heard all the rumours about the new style 11+ test. A huge thank you to everyone who has supplied information regarding the Bucks changes - it has been a tremendous help.

However, my ds tutor is still reluctant to take her off old style revision.

Is it definitely going to be VR, maths and NVR or will we have to wait till 7th March to be certain?
anotherdad

Re: Is it Absolutely, Definitely Durham CEM for 2013 Test?

Post by anotherdad »

You'll have to wait to be certain but I suspect it would take an unexpectedly high volume of challenges in the consultation period to change the decision. If anything changes from what's been announced, it might be the details around the administration of the test but I would expect the format to remain as announced.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I agree - the current tests need to change and so your tutor should be changing what is delivered.
Olivia16

Post by Olivia16 »

Thanks anotherdad and Guest55, I will ask her tutor to change tact.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

And bear in mind that "VR" according to CEM isn't what Bucks tutors will be used to as VR - large parts of it are more akin to what's defined as English according to other publishers.
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

I think some tutors are feeling very uncomfortable about the changes and are a lot less prepared than they were with doing the same old 21 question types, year in year out.

I think it's pretty certain these changes are going ahead this year. It's splashed all over the front pages of the local papers (not that they are very reliable but the good members of this forum certainly are). There is no excuse or reason why any tutor should be insisting on teaching to the old style test now unless they are working on more generic issues such as vocabulary building etc.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now