11+ DIY Plans

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rainbow Petals

11+ DIY Plans

Post by Rainbow Petals »

Hi there :)

Sorry if this is in the wrong category and has been done before. I was hoping this could be a thread where we all post what DIY plans we are using so others (such as myself) who don't have much experience with this can have a better idea on how to approach things. So maybe you could post a monthly overview of what you have planned for your son/daughter? :)

As of now I have about 7 months left to prepare my sister for her 11+ exam (Redbridge - VR and NVR). My sister has so far learnt about all the types but I am confused about what we should do next. Do I already get her started on practice papers and space them out over the months? I have decided to save the exam papers closest to the actual exams for a later date. What other skills can we work on that are relevant to VR and NVR?

Thank you :)
IronMikeTyson

Re: 11+ DIY Plans

Post by IronMikeTyson »

VR: I would suggest improving vocab. Lots of reading ,maybe cross words and puzzles.

VR and NVR. Start the papers now and go over the mistakes . I would do 2 papers a week in both NVR and VR and then gradually speed up (ensure you complete papers in time and then try to finsh with a few minutes to spare).

Try a variety of NVR and VR exam papers -they are different.
"To err is human;to forgive ,divine"
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The Redbridge test is set by GL Assessment, and appropriate practice materials are listed here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ge-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other materials do not cover the relevant question types, and you will be wasting your time with them.
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

IronMikeTyson wrote:VR: I would suggest improving vocab. Lots of reading ,maybe cross words and puzzles.

VR and NVR. Start the papers now and go over the mistakes . I would do 2 papers a week in both NVR and VR and then gradually speed up (ensure you complete papers in time and then try to finsh with a few minutes to spare).

Try a variety of NVR and VR exam papers -they are different.
Hi IronMikeTyson :)

My sister started with a paper yesterday and yes vocabulary is something she definitely needs to work on so thanks for the advice :) We have a few different types of papers at the moment (which cover the correct types) but we will be buying more.
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

Sally-Anne wrote:The Redbridge test is set by GL Assessment, and appropriate practice materials are listed here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ge-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other materials do not cover the relevant question types, and you will be wasting your time with them.
Hi Sally-Anne,

Thank you :) Yes I'm aware of that, I will only be using material that covers the correct types :)