Merchant Taylors 11+ and other indies..

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Plus11

Merchant Taylors 11+ and other indies..

Post by Plus11 »

Anyone heard back from Merchant Taylors yet? I absolutely hate the wait! The postman seems to never come around in the mornings any more, just to bring rubbish post later in the day and the unknown numbers answered with nervous anticipation turn out to be customer service reviews from BT or the likes of that...
Anyone have past experience when the schools usually start inviting kids for interviews? is it a week or 2 or 3? Do you get "no"-s at the same time as "yes"-s and do they always even bother? The letters generally say nothing about the interview dates... just the offers dates.. Am a wreck!
7gofur

Re: Merchant Taylors 11+ and other indies..

Post by 7gofur »

Hi,

I have received a call today from MTS and my son has been invited for the interview. Only half will get through will get through to the interview stage as I was informed by the lady from MTS office...and in the end, 60 places will be offered after the interview.

Hope that helps.
simon

Post by simon »

if they are seeking to fill 60 places, they will be making quite a few more offers, perhaps double that number to ensure that they get 60 acceptances.
kids368

Post by kids368 »

hi,
we were called earlier today ,14/01, to bring our son for an interview on Thurs 17/01.
Doesn't leave much time to prepare!!
7gofur

Post by 7gofur »

Yup, if you were to read the MTS prospectus, it is mentioned that more than 100 places will be offered but only 60 places to be accepted.
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

Thank you All:) My postman also finally came around with good news:) The letter btw says that they are interviewing 220, offer places to approx 170, while expecting 50-60 to accept. So we stand a good chance! Good luck to all DS-s on the day!!
daisyduke

Post by daisyduke »

Well done to everyone else who got good news! What are you going to ask your son to wear? A suit, school uniform or a smart jacket and trousers? We've got Mon 28th Jan so plenty of time to fret...
7gofur

Post by 7gofur »

My son went with his state school uniform and we had a good interview. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now