Hampton interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
oak

Hampton interviews

Post by oak »

Still waiting for a response from Hampton. I heard no news is good news as they send out rejection letters first, but to have heard nothing by now and interviews start tomorrow I am getting concerned! Apart from scholarship interviews has anyone heard yet??
Bestichka

Re: Hampton interviews

Post by Bestichka »

We have not heard either, and I've got this awful sinking feeling :( still trying to figure out if we should attend the Art test if we don't hear from them re interview. DS doesn't seem to care as he's got his last exam tomorrow and is focussed on this, but I just can't think of anything else :(
BusyQueenBee

Post by BusyQueenBee »

Hi Oak,
yes we got a letter yesterday, inviting DS to an interview tomorrow. But I think they are still interviewing next week, so some letters may be still in the post? Good luck! And good luck to Bestichka's DS too!
oak

Post by oak »

Congratulations BusyQueenBee. Can't understand what has happened. DS got a call back to sit scholarship exam at KGS but nothing from Hampton. Thought he may have at least got to interview stage. This is going to be a long week!
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

We've not heard either Beschtika.

Not feeling too hopeful about Hampton now. Drat!
oak

Post by oak »

I feel like phoning the school. Poor DS keeps asking when I pick him up from school if I have heard anything. Can't understand why they can't just reply to everyone at the same time. They must have marked all the papers by Tuesday as they phoned for scholarship interviews then.
mum.of.three

Post by mum.of.three »

hi all, we have not heard anything either......so couldn't wait and I phoned the school, they said that not all letters had been sent and we should hear by the end of the week either way (interview or rejection) .....3 more days of torture....
BusyQueenBee

Post by BusyQueenBee »

Over 1000 boys sat the exam, they say.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Barcelona wrote:Over 1000 boys sat the exam, they say.
For how many places?
expatmum

Post by expatmum »

We're overseas - I really hope they email us as I don't think I can wait for the snail mail..... I'm already addicted to checking my emails every couple of mins until the end of office hours in the UK :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now