2014 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KhadijahA-R

2014 entry

Post by KhadijahA-R »

So there musty be others thinking about 2014 entry, with exams in September 2013?
:D
salros

Re: 2014 entry

Post by salros »

KhadijahA-R wrote:So there musty be others thinking about 2014 entry, with exams in September 2013?
:D
yes Khadijah and I'm one of them! so much to do and we're going down the DIY route. I'm getting confused when reading some of the posts - it is my understanding that there are only 2 papers for Essex Redbridge, only VR & NVR. Is this correct? Stay in touch Khadijah and feel free to PM.
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Salaams Salros
We are preparing our son for 11+ and also diying but I am considering supplementing with a tutorif I find one :roll:
Yep, there are two papers VR and NVR. It is a minefield isn't it? My main problem is that my ds just likes to coast, and gets away with it :lol: I have persuaded him with some ipad apps :D
henna025

Post by henna025 »

I am also preparing my daughter for september 2013 exams. we are preparing at home and am quite confused. we will be trying for woodford county and latymer so need to prepare VR,NVR,maths and english. lets keep in touch.
Colourful-Rainbow

Post by Colourful-Rainbow »

Hi there :)

We're also preparing for the September 2013 11+. We'll be going down the DIY route again this year. The only grammar school we are applying to however will be Woodford County. The other grammar schools are pretty far away.
Colourful-Rainbow

henna025 wrote:I am also preparing my daughter for september 2013 exams. we are preparing at home and am quite confused. we will be trying for woodford county and latymer so need to prepare VR,NVR,maths and english. lets keep in touch.
How far are both these grammar schools for you? :)
henna025

Post by henna025 »

Hi,

Woodford county is 2.5m while latymer is around 7 miles away. Our local comprehensive school is also outstanding but my daughter is quite keen to give her best and try for grammar schools. It would be helpful if we all parents going through DIY route share important info with each other. Please feel free to PM me if i can provide any info

Thanks
Colourful-Rainbow

henna025 wrote:Hi,

Woodford county is 2.5m while latymer is around 7 miles away. Our local comprehensive school is also outstanding but my daughter is quite keen to give her best and try for grammar schools. It would be helpful if we all parents going through DIY route share important info with each other. Please feel free to PM me if i can provide any info

Thanks
Hi :)

For us Woodford County is about 6 or 7 miles away so it is a bit disappointing that we can't really apply to any other grammar schools, they are simply too far unfortunately. :(
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Hi everyone!
My son is applying for Ilford County High.
It is quite close to us. I hadn't thought about applying anywhere else, everywhere else seems too far.
Well so far, we have been improving vocabulary, and doing fun things like crosswords. He has tried a few papers and gets something like 75% to 80, so some way to go I think, but not too bad. He mostly seems to enjoy the NVR, and says they're are a bit like solving puzzles :D
I just want to make sure that he keeps enjoying it all and doesn't get too overwhelmed.
We all have very bright children obviously,the additional thing about my son is that he is not a vey football playing type boy, so doesn't really fit in anymore even at primary. I just don't want him to spend 6-8 years of the rest of his life living in misery in a school where he does not fit in. I think ICHS sounds like a good fit for him. If he does not get in, then I will have to re-consider options. I think I worry about him alot because he has ASD, and the fact that he is so high functioning masks alot of his problems :(
LittleMissMama

Post by LittleMissMama »

Hi,
I am new to this site! And will need as much help and guidance that any one can offer. My daughter is currently in Yr 5 and i have just started her tuition for the 11+.

We will be trying for Woodford County as that is the only one that is nearest to us. Does anyone find it tough to motivate their kids in working for these exams?Also, has anyone decided what they will do if they do not get the schools they are aiming for?
We have recently moved into the area so are unsure what would be the "better" local comprehensives.

If anyone can offer any advice or tips it would be greatly appreciated!!!

A nervous Mama!! :shock: