RGS Guildford

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Aboleyn

RGS Guildford

Post by Aboleyn »

Hello, just wondering if anyone has heard from them yet? Also, any idea how many boys sat the exam, the hall was packed with parents that morning!
Merlin1

Re: RGS Guildford

Post by Merlin1 »

Hi Aboleyn - This is my first post! I am also waiting anxiously on this letter - nothing yesterday but I anticipate today/tomorrow may be more likely. Our post doesn't come until about 2.30pm and as I am at work I don't get it until more like 6.00! I must say I am feeling very nervous about it - we have gone for the deferred entry, how about you? DS really enjoyed Saturday's exam, liking the other boys and the environment - but he is not exactly top-of-the-class and I understand that's really where you should be to stand a realistic chance of a place...
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

post has been, but no news...
Merlin1

Post by Merlin1 »

Just checked on Mum's Net and no-one on there has received any letter yet either....
Aboleyn

Post by Aboleyn »

No news yet, and I checked on mums net too - thanks for reminding me about that one! Someone on there said that there were 380 boys taking the exam, both for 11+ and 13+. seems a very small number, compared with eg Sutton where there were 1600 boys sitting! So really hoping for no news at all till half term!
We are doing 11+ merlin1, we could have stayed at current school till 13, but we thought that ds would benefit from going in from the beginning. He is also keen for the independence of travelling by train etc, although I don't even want to think about that bit yet... :cry:
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Anyone heard yet? I've been lurking on mumsnet too and read that rejection letters go out after the second interview letters, but my memory from the Head's speech was that rejects are first out, so people know where they stand.
Not heard anything so far...
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

Hi Mumsnet guys - I couldnt find anything on there about 11+, going in under secondary schools.... is there another thread I should look at? Where would I find it? thanks
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

There's a thread on one of the education pages. It's just called RGS (IIRC.)

Last time I looked, people were discussing recall interviews, so it sounds like those are going ahead already. They were also discussing the pros and cons of RGS v Wellington School or Hampton.

Still no news here.
twinmummy

Post by twinmummy »

We received a letter this morning from RGS saying that my DS is invited to sit the scholarship papers. Don't worry everyone!! You will also soon get invitations either to an interview or an exam. Good luck to all! :)
harrison1999purple

Post by harrison1999purple »

I know someone who received a rejection letter yesterday, so they have been sent!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now