Tutors

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gatleymum

Tutors

Post by gatleymum »

Hi everyone

Being sufficiently recovered from the DD1 experience to start thinking about DD2 (currently in Y4)..

As a complete contrast to DD1's "definitely don't want a tutor or extra work" attitude that scraped her through the Sale exam, DD2's attitude is "bring it on!" to both so I need to start looking ready for Sept.

She is a very socially anxious child, and can find it very hard to talk to adults, so I wonder if she would be best in a small group tutoring situation than one-on-one? Like DD1 she will need to learn the rest of the maths curriculum, but is very good at maths & don't think she'll have much trouble with VR, not sure about NVR. So really I need a tutor that she will manage to talk to, who can focus mainly on maths and exam technique (DD1's main failing).

Can anyone recommend (PM) a tutor that might be suitable? The less travel from Gatley the better, but I guess we will have to be resigned to going into Trafford area if the car holds out that long..

Thanks,

GatleyMum

Genuine recommendations by PM only (private message) are acceptable - but beware of the possibility that someone who appears to be offering a recommendation may have a vested interest! Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'. (It's easy to report a possible problem: just click on the 'report button' - the red exclamation mark.)

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with caution. However, there are many long standing members (check the date of joining and number of posts) who make a valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering seriously (while still exercising a degree of caution).

If you receive a recommendation from anyone else, please exercise extreme caution!

Note also:
Tutors can found in the online tutor directory by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/services/directory

Institutional Course details can be found by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... us-courses

Intensive Holiday Courses can be found by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... ve-courses

Kind regards,

ForumAdmin
Pumpkin Pie

Re: Tutors

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Would you not consider DIY'ing again?
gatleymum

Re: Tutors

Post by gatleymum »

I don't mind DIYing (would certainly be cheaper!) but DD2 is very keen on a tutor so feel I should at least explore the option. Also, she gets very upset at home if she makes a mistake, but not at school (I believe this is common with selective mutism) so I don't know how we would get on as there are a lot of concepts in the maths she will need to be introduced to.

Did anyone have any suggestions of tutors? (No PMs.. :( )