HABS girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
exampipe

HABS girls

Post by exampipe »

When do Habs girls write out to parents - and I assume the next stage is an interview for the successful candidates?
loveyouradvice

Re: HABS girls

Post by loveyouradvice »

They are delightfully vague and ask us to keep 2 weeks free for interviews!

I know from people last year that they contact people in dribs and drabs which can be very nervewracking - and some seem to hear by phone, others by email or letter!!

So no easy answer but dont expect to hear until end of next week at earliest! Probably later if its alphabetical but not even sure it is!!!!!
exampipe

Post by exampipe »

Thanks "loveadvice" - I appreciate the responses you have provided...

We are all a bit down at the moment...

a classmate of my DD has received an interview at CLSG .... my DD is very quiet this evening....
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Exampipe, your poor dd, I remember my own 11+ experience all too well.

Have you heard about interviews at any other schools?
exampipe

Post by exampipe »

My DD has a Francis Holland NW1 interview next week.

She has a Northwood College interview this week, Heathfield last week.....

We are now agonising over where things have gone wrong....and could we have done more....

Very stressful, but I'm not normally a person who says "if only we had.....or what if" ......it doesn't solve anything and causes more unhappiness...

We know that we have to prepare for the possibility of either an alternative choice or no choice...
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Where do you live exampipe and what are your state school choices?

Did you also apply to St Helens?
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

You are being very pragmatic, exampipe. I hope things work out for you regarding Habs but the others are all very good schools and I am sure your DD will be very happy, wherever she ends up going. CLGS and NLCS are not suitable for everybody.
Sallyltb

Post by Sallyltb »

The alternative day for the Habs Girls 11+ is tomorrow. I assume they will then start contacting in greater volumes.
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

sally - contacting in greater volumes????

Does this mean some have already heard???????

I know they are erratic but good to know if they've started going out.....
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

exampipe - do do do remember that you've only not got interviews with the two MOST competitive - really rough on your DD that these two were the first ones to come through.... you really do stand a good chance with the range of schools you are applying to, I wouldnt even think state at this stage (unless of course you've a great option to fall back on - we have in Marylebone where DD has a place which is a big relief and does make it easier progressing through this minefield).

So please please dont despair or even read too much into it... reassure your DD that these two schools dont interview many people and she has a good chance with the others.... can I ask again what her levels are? ie do you know how realistic you are being ... tis so tough, but it is a good indicator and would certainly help win her a place at Francis Holland even if her papers werent the best....

she needs to hear from you that she is great and that you know she will go to a good school (she will - you just dont know which one yet) .... and that this is a very tough time for her, waiting is the hardest... and then I reckon this is a time to spoil them rotten... we indulge a bit of VERY lightweight TV, etc now and put almost no demands on DD... acknowledging that she is going through something tough and that it will work out great, however unclear it is now
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now