KES - Stratford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

malvern

KES - Stratford

Post by malvern »

Hi

I see KES are consulting on their admission arrangements for 2014 - does this mean they are considering an increase in their PAN?

Malvern
Okanagan

Re: KES - Stratford

Post by Okanagan »

They have previously said not, and the Draft admissions policy does actually say "For 2014, the Governors have determined that the number of boys admitted to the school in Year 7 will be 81".

However it does also say "Although there is no requirement to consult on admission arrangements where there has been no change from the previous year or when there is a proposed increase in PAN, the Governors of King Edward VI School have decided to consult on our Admissions Policy 2014. The consultation period will run from the 21th December 2012 to 8th February 2013. Responses marked “Admissions 2014” should be sent to the Chair of Governors at the School’s postal address King Edward VI School, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6HB no later than Friday 8th February."

The fact that they don't have to consult on their admissions arrangements this year, but have chosen to do so, does slightly hint that they might be amenable to responses which make the point that the places for boys and girls are currently rather inequitable.

If I'd got a ds looking for a 2014 place, I'd be responding to the consultation along those lines I think.
serendippyty

Re: KES - Stratford

Post by serendippyty »

In the letter we had from KES as an existing parent, they said their intention was to increase spaces in the 6th form as they do not have the room to add an additional year 7 class. (A new 6th form centre is being built).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now