BBC Look and Read

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoyo123

BBC Look and Read

Post by yoyo123 »

This is a bit of a long shot, but I was just wondering of any teachers out there had a copy of the teacher notes to the Look and Read episodes of Spywatch?- or even a link to where I could get/download them.
Okanagan

Re: BBC Look and Read

Post by Okanagan »

Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Can't help with the question, but your mention of the BBC's "Look and Read" sent me scurrying to Google in a fit of nostalgia! :)
Marylou
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Thanks, I've just found that one - will definitely use that one.

What I'm really looking for is the booklet that came with the original video. It had loads of lesson ideas , wordbanks etc. I was hoping to save some time re-inventing the wheel. Have spent most of the evening cutting out strips of card in different colours ( learning through colour - speech and language service) and writing key words on them..eyes boggling and this is just the first chapter!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I loved Look and Read! I used to watch Through the Dragon's Eye with my daughter and then we watched a different one every term when I started teaching.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

yoyo123 wrote:I loved Look and Read! I used to watch Through the Dragon's Eye with my daughter and then we watched a different one every term when I started teaching.
I did watch the broadcasts with my children, but the nostalgia stems from much further back... I learned to read at home with Len and the River Mob, and remember huddling around the black and white TV at school to watch The Boy from Space! :)

http://www.broadcastforschools.co.uk/site/Look_and_Read" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

OMG The Boy from Space!!!! Loved, loved, loved it! And Wordy! And the songs - Magic E etc... :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now