TGS & Nonsuch postcodes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thisorthat

TGS & Nonsuch postcodes

Post by thisorthat »

Hi
Am new to the forum...does anyone know the common catchment postcodes for TGS and Nonsuch?
2outof3

Re: TGS & Nonsuch postcodes

Post by 2outof3 »

Probably best to post this on Surrey forum - there has been lots of analysis of postcodes for these schools on there.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Good idea - I'll move the post
thisorthat

Post by thisorthat »

Guess no answer from anyone despite 200 odd visitors to this question
WOTMum

Post by WOTMum »

Thisorthat, I cannot speak about Nonsuch as I have no knowledge/experience. As for TGS (my DD is in present Y7) there are many threads you can read on this forum in the Surrey section that discuss the fact that until this current year of entry there has been no catchment for TGS: selection is only on ability. This is also made clear on the school's admissions webpages. If you read the thread "Tiffin Girls Catchment Area" it will bring you up to speed as to the proposed postcodes to be included in a proposed catchment area to be used from 2014/15 entry. TGS says these areas reflect where the majority of the present cohort live, and hence they feel this is the logical catchment area. I think you have not had answers because these debates (ability vs catchment) are had on these pages over and over, and perhaps no one fancies taking up the subject yet again! However I hope my post gives you the information you seek and the debate no doubt will continue.....
thisorthat

Post by thisorthat »

Thanks WOTMum...I have had a look at other threads within the Surrey area...A lot has been discussed indeed...
And I was able to get most of the info that I was looking for, but not exactly the one I asked here...hopefully I should work it out...

Ta...
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The proposed admissions policies are located on the school website. You need to read the proposed admissions policies in full as I've only covered the basics below.

TGS - http://www.tiffingirls.kingston.sch.uk/admissions

The School’s Designated Area comprises the following postcode districts:
KT1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 19
TW1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16
SW13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20
W4, 5, 7, 13
UB1, 2
SM4
CR4

Nonsuch http://www.nonsuch.co.uk/admissions/adconsult.php

No postcodes used. Some places are offered on the basis of highest score in the entrance tests, irrespective of home address. Other places are offered in order of highest score, to those whose permanent place of residence is within 5.25 km from the school.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Using feemaptools.com, the main post codes for Nonsuch seems to be the following area.

SM1 to 5 and 7, KT4, 17 & 19. Some bordering areas may not be in the catchment area.

However, small part of other post codes may also be in the catchment area e.g. KT3 to the East of A3.
thisorthat

Post by thisorthat »

Thanks mitasol and tiffinboys...very helpful indeed...
I've read your previous posts and contributions...really informative...
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

You are welcome.