Ipad 11+ Vocab Builder

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sweethome

Ipad 11+ Vocab Builder

Post by sweethome »

I have bought 11+ Vocab Builder App (first past the post with ElevenPlusExams.co.uk) on Ipad. Has anyone used this app before? How do you find it? Is it very useful?
My daughter will sit 2013 Kent 11+. I want to help her build up her vocab as it is a weak spot.
rob d2

Re: Ipad 11+ Vocab Builder

Post by rob d2 »

Hi,
Yes we have this on the iphone, so far it's been a useful addition to the armoury. Our daughter also has a blind spot with vocab so we are hoping this may help.
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

There are several other apps too for vocabulary, VR, English, maths. My DD used them (me too!) and they are a great way to build on knowledge, especially vocabulary. They are a fun way to learn on the IPad, IPod etc., as you can take them anywhere with you, especially in the car! Well worth the money!

P.S. Don't forget to play word games.....Scrabble, Word Searches, Wheely Words etc. They help to build on vocabulary and spelling!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Please could you say which apps you found good for what - and at what age? I could get lost for years trying to find a good app and drive my DDs nuts in the process.

I know about freerice - my criticism would be that it doesn't really help you learn the words that you don't already know - that's probably because my children are not yet 9 and it's devised for an older group.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

I think this is the one

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/11+-voc ... ?ls=1&mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SH
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Mystery, I have sent you a pm.
patricia

Post by patricia »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/E ... d-App.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
goldenstar

Post by goldenstar »

iPhone app is ok, all are test, cannot be reviewed more than once, random questions.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now