Secondary league tables 2012. Best and worst GCSE results.

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11nuts

Secondary league tables 2012. Best and worst GCSE results.

Post by 11nuts »

Damn it, why does Birmingham always beat London!

Best:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-21165938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worst:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-21171279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With kind regards, 11nuts.
fairyelephant

Re: Secondary league tables 2012. Best and worst GCSE result

Post by fairyelephant »

Their grammar school system wasn't dissolved and what's more many of them are part of the king Edwards foundation, all working together to produce some really top notch schools! Maybe folks in the midlands are super bright too! :D
decaff

Post by decaff »

Thats very interesting however results 5 A*-C Gcse including English and Maths given for Saint Joan Of Arc are wrong given as 10% lower than they actually were. Must have been a typo! My friends school in Suffolk were also put in incorrectly.
Mamonaku

Post by Mamonaku »

I find the DFES website stats more useful since it is hard to compare the results of schools that allow children to take different numbers of GCSEs. Latmer, Edmonton doesn't figure at the top of the league tables because the children in schools at the top of the league table tend to take more GCSEs.

In 2012 Latymer children took on average 10.2 GCSEs whereas Colyton Grammar School children take on average 14.5 GCSEs. Best 8 for Colyton 1029. Best 8 for Latymer 1024 so not much in it if you were to compare the two schools if they took the same number of GCSEs.

Back in the day when I was at Grammar I took the standard 9 GCSEs. I think 9 to 11 GCSEs is plenty and I wouldn't encourage my child to do as many as 14 or 15. There's more to life than study.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

How does Pate's end up at 200th worst? am sure there is a good answer :roll:
Red

Post by Red »

iGCSE English!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Our chosen school is near the bottom, but I am not bothered. It still does well, the girls that go there seem quite pleasant and still do well!

Some years just get better results.