Ooc for Kendrick, did you move?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Ooc for Kendrick, did you move?

Post by Tinkers »

Just being nosy, since the deadline to move is this week.
Just wondering how many applicants for Kendrick were ooc and have since moved onto catchment to secure a place.

This sort of came to mind because a new girl started in my DDs class after Christmas and I suspected this was the reason. Turns out it wasn't, but I'm curious how many did.
Tinkers

Re: Ooc for Kendrick, did you move?

Post by Tinkers »

No one moved?

I know after the results came out a few said they would move. Did you change your mind and stay put?
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

i was not thinking of moving but now i feel i should have moved but i hope my dd will get ooc place, no regrets on not moving though. ALL IS WELL
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I think Kendrick does not have OOC places any more. So if you have not moved yet, then it would be other grammars to expect.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

there is still a chance of an OOC place at Kendrick, but only once every DD within catchment who has scored at least 109 has been offered a place so its a pretty long shot given the number who sat.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I suspect TiffinBoys is right. Given the high numbers applying this year I think all the places will be taken by catchment girls. I'm sure there are plenty in catchment that scored 109 or above.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else moved or didn't move after getting their results. Surely there's more of you out there with DDs who scored well but were ooc. Where are you all hiding? :lol:
kbs

Post by kbs »

Hi,
My daughter is already attending Kendrick and her sister is keen to write exam this year for 2014 entry.

It looks the deadline to move into catchment area is 31st Jan 2014 inline with 2013 admission policy

My question is, if i consider to move, does Kendrick or Reading Council admission policy expects to sell the already owned property?

Thanks,
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Knowing how strict RBC is and Kendrick is likely to be as strict if not more so, yes you would have to sell. I believe they checked up on a family over similar for a primary school place recently.
You could be risking having your place withdrawn if you didn't sell and moved back. Probably not worth the risk.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

It would think that it also depends on how far away your current house is? Some councils ignore senconf home if it is over 20-30 miles away and if you have been living in the new area for a year or more.
kbs

Post by kbs »

Thanks for replies. I will not be moving back and keep it as investment. If I move say in March 2013 for 2014 entry then does it matter even own home with in 10 miles? That means would have moved well before like 18 months before actual year start Sept 2014